I am a beginner and just got started with Galileo. I have been looking for ways to install Motion on Galileo. In summary, I did the following steps:
- put the image on the sd card and boot into Galileo through SSH.
- update the /etc/opkg/base-feeds.conf for the http://alextgalileo.altervista.org/package-repo-configuration-instructions.html package repository
- i ran"opkg update" and "opkg install motion" after, but it failed.
I got the following message after running the " opkg install motion ".
Installing motion (3.2.12-r0) on root.
Installing libpthread0 (0.9.33+git0+946799cd0ce0c6c803c9cb173a84f4d607bde350-r8.4) on root.
* check_data_file_clashes: Package libpthread0 wants to install file /lib/libpthread.so.0
But that file is already provided by package * libc6
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package motion.
Anyone know what I should do to install Motion? and Also, Is there a way to upload Arduino sketch through the SSH?
Thanks for reaching out.
I have seen this kind of issue reported by other users when trying to install a package. They have solved it by forcing the installation, you can try this command opkg install motion --force-reinstall –force-overwrite
In regards to the Arduino Sketch question, you can take a look at this discussion and try the suggestions provided: /message/472202# 472202 Upload Arduino Sketch to Edison Arduino Wirelessly using Wifi.
Hope this information helps.
Hi Yermi ,
Thank you so much for the answer. I tried with the force - overwrite option. Motion installed , but the package seems to have problem and I cannot run it after installation. Anyways, my goal is to have Galileo using webcam to send video with in the local network. If I cannot use motion, is there any other package I can use for my objective? I am still trying to understand how to use Galileo, different packages and images. I am actually pretty confused with all and how they link together. I have been getting all the information from the forum here and there. Is there any tutorial or website that you would recommend for me to look at ?
Thank you !
I would like to suggest you to look at the following links that show different approaches for web streaming that I think you will find useful:
- Node.js https://github.com/drejkim/edi-cam https://github.com/drejkim/edi-cam
- OpenCV http://opencvlover.blogspot.com/2011/07/accesing-camera-using-opencv.html http://opencvlover.blogspot.com/2011/07/accesing-camera-using-opencv.html
- Python http://www.chioka.in/python-live-video-streaming-example/ http://www.chioka.in/python-live-video-streaming-example/
Additionally, you can take a look at this link: https://books.google.com/books?id=xVAnCgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&hl=es# v=onepage&q&f=false https://books.google.com/books?id=xVAnCgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&hl=es# v=onepage&q&f=false for more information regarding the Intel Galileo, software, and applications.
Hope this helps.