Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

"A bootable device has not been detected" - STK2M364CC failing out of the box

Jump to solution

Hi,

Bought a Compute Stick STK2M364CC, plugged it and gone straight to "A bootable device has not been detected".

I stepped through the wizard (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/wizard-compute-stick.html Compute Stick No Boot Wizard ) recommendation and tried a bios updated to latest level with a USB memory stick that went through fine.

Still back at the problem of the screen only showing "A bootable device has not been detected".

In the Bios (F2) boot configuration it says No Boot drive so I'm suspecting this is not a recoverable problem, like the internal flash is dead.

Very disappointing for first time experience, any advice or route to a fix out there?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I am not sure why you are complaining. This is exactly what should happen. The STK2M364CC Compute Stick product does not include an operating system; you have to separately purchase and install one yourself.

If you meant to purchase the STK2M3W64CC, which comes with Windows 10 preinstalled, then you purchased the wrong one.

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

I am not sure why you are complaining. This is exactly what should happen. The STK2M364CC Compute Stick product does not include an operating system; you have to separately purchase and install one yourself.

If you meant to purchase the STK2M3W64CC, which comes with Windows 10 preinstalled, then you purchased the wrong one.

...S

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Scott

Thanks for your reply, indirectly we have got to the root of the problem! I did indeed order the 3W64CC and turns out I was sent a 364CC incorrectly.

I think the problem is when you search the intel support forums you get hits for this particular message when people have had issues with failed hardware.

Second contributor is that Intel must ship the same instructions/paperwork in both as when you get it all out the box you are reading about Windows install in the instructions.

Cheers for your reply, without your spot I would have gone away thinking its duff hardware.

Steve

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Well, if you paid for a STK2M3W64CC, I would be contacting the vendor and getting them to replace it with the correct unit. Mind you, the way that Intel has them priced (at least here in the U.S.), there is a reasonable possibility of being able to purchase the STK2M364CC and a separate Windows license key for less than the cost of the STK2M3W64CC.

...S

0 Kudos