Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

"No audio Output Device is installed" Intel compute Stick Stk1aw32sc

I have a problem with driver for audio. I used Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.6, but problem is still. Propably the Stock can't find correct version of driver for audio.

I added some print screen with my problem.

22 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Audio support via the HDMI connector is facilitated by the Intel Graphics Driver. Make sure that you have the latest version installed. I recommend that you manually download and install this driver package. You can get it here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26182/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Intel-Compute-Stick-STK... Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Intel® Compute Stick STK1AW32SC. Extract everything from the ZIP file and then click on the Setup.exe file to start the installation.

Hope this helps,

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello boras20000:

Thank you very much for the screen shot, it is very helpful for us to further assist you, and to N.Scott.Pearson for the comments above.

As a troubleshoot step, we can try to get in the BIOS and restores the BIOS to defaults by pressing F9, or we can try a BIOS update:

Instructions to do a BIOS update:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005961.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/intel-compute-stick/000005961.html

And this is the .BIO file you need to do it, using the F7 method, version 0024 which is the latest one:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25917/BIOS-Update-SCCHTAX5-86A- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25917/BIOS-Update-SCCHTAX5-86A-

Please try the following driver, it is the graphics driver, but it includes the audio driver as well, try to install it manually:

Instructions to install it manually:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html

Driver 4474:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26182/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Intel-Compute-Stick-STK... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26182/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Intel-Compute-Stick-STK...

Also, are you using speakers or a monitor that include speakers?

Did you test it with a headset?

Do you have the option to use a different monitor?

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto
idata
Community Manager

Hello Alberto,

Thanks you for your support. I made all your instructions but the problem hasn't solved. But, now is only one

1. I updated a BIOS and restored to defaults.

2. I uninstalled the old version and installed the latest version of the graphics driver.

3. I using a monitor include speakers.

4. I didn't test it with a headset because the stick haven't a head output.

5. I used it in a different monitor.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What do you have this ICS plugged into? Be specific (model number, etc.).

idata
Community Manager

Hello boras20000:

I just wanted to let you know that we tried to replicate the problem in our lab, and we got the same problem, even if we installed the latest graphics driver 4474, there is no audio device detected.

So, we will start an investigation on this matter, as soon as I get any possible resolution for this problem, I will post all the information on this thread.

Alberto

idata
Community Manager

Hello boras20000:

In order to continue with our research, please provide the following information:

Install the SSU tool (System Support Utility)

You will be able to download it on the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Once you do that, the tool will allow you to save the information as a file, so, once you save it, please also attach it to this thread, in order for us to see it.

Alberto
idata
Community Manager

Hello boras20000:

I just wanted to check if you saw if the information we are requesting on the previous post, and if the issue still persists or if it was resolved?

Alberto

AAlex25
Novice

alberto,

i am also having the same issue with my stk1aw32sc. following a virus i had to restore factory settings via the f7 durimg boot method. once the os had reinstalled itself i had no audio devices and attempted to install the latest drivers from the website, this did not resolve the issue. i have also applied the latest bios update and tried older revisions of the display driver. i have the same unknown devices installed as shown in the post above. my research suggests the the hardware ids relate to the intel sst audio device (wdm) but i am unable to get this device to accept any drivers.

i have attached the ssu file.i hope you are able to offer a resolution

RThie4
Beginner

Hi there,

are there any news regarding this problem? We just installed a windows 10 professional for a client and the same problem is occuring... There seems to be no way to get the audio device running, neither by installing audio or video setup, nor by trying to install the drivers for the one unknown device manually. Please ask, if you need further information.

Regards

Raphael

idata
Community Manager

Hello Alex-g:

Thank you very much for that information, it will be very useful to all the peers participating on this thread.

To boras20000:

Please let me know if the information provided by Alex-g was useful for you and the problem got fixed or if it still persists?

Alberto

ANiem
Beginner

Have also a problem with the HDMI audio: The audio device disappears a couple of times a week on a STK2M3W64CC. The audio usually works normally with my TV (audio device list shows AIO LCD), but the audio device keeps disappearing (list empty, both disabled and disconnected devices ticked). After 1 or 2 restarts it seems to come back. Any suggestion for a permanent fix?

- Ari-Pekka

idata
Community Manager

Hello aapee:

Did you try the steps mentioned previously on this thread, including the BIOS update and the rest of them?

System on a chip is currently is the attended fix for this situation, did you try that as well?

If you tried those steps and the problem persists, please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for that is that every scenario is different, even if the same product is being used, so, for us further assist you and also in order for us to help you with the specific problem the stick might have, please submit a new thread.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards

Alberto

idata
Community Manager

Hello boras20000:

I just wanted to confirm if after trying the SOC driver on the stick, the problem with HDMI audio got resolved or if it still persists?

Alberto

GNich
Beginner

aapee wrote:

Have also a problem with the HDMI audio: The audio device disappears a couple of times a week on a STK2M3W64CC. The audio usually works normally with my TV (audio device list shows AIO LCD), but the audio device keeps disappearing (list empty, both disabled and disconnected devices ticked). After 1 or 2 restarts it seems to come back. Any suggestion for a permanent fix?

- Ari-Pekka

I have starting getting this issue as well with STK2M3W64CC, so it seems like it could be something common to different models due to newer graphics drivers?

I updated all the drivers and bios when I got it back in August and it never had any issues. I have kept the drivers and bios updated so everything is the latest, but recently I have been turning on TV and waking the stick out of screen saver to find the Audio device missing on quite a few occasions. I can get it back by restarting windows but I like to leave it on so I can just continue streams etc, so that's a bit of a hassle.

I have recently got a 4K TV but I think it has started happening more recently than that and more likely since newer drivers / bios was installed.

There is no SOC driver for this model so not much I can do there, and the only other possibility is that it doesn't like HDMI2.0 as much but that's unlikely.

Not sure whether its related but my Bluetooth started dropping out as well and generally wasn't as responsive, I have disabled power saver and so it seems a lot better so I continue to see if I can pickup on specific conditions that might cause these issues to occur.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Nico67:

Thank you very much for the information posted previously.

That is actually what we recommend in this situation, to have the BIOS and the graphics driver up to date, in order to avoid any type of problems.

Also, it is recommended to use a high quality HDMI cable, since there are some cables that showed some problems with the HDMI sound.

If you keep having problems with the sound and also with bluetooth, and you have the latest bluetooth drivers installed, then it might be a defective stick, and remember it has 1 year of warranty.

Alberto

DeanG
New Contributor I

To "aapee" (and others with this problem): With Windows booted, try unplugging and replugging the Stick into the TV's HDMI port, and let us know if that fixes it (for that boot). I've occasionally seen this on a cold boot, and the unplugging/replugging fixed it.

My opinion: I think it is related to the TV and the information the TV passed to the Stick when the TV first sees the connection..

For Intel Corp: As a point of comparison, I also have the Lenovo 300 Stick, and I have not seen this behavior with the Lenovo. One difference between the two, is that the TV recognizes the Lenovo Stick as soon as the Stick in inserted and connected to power (but not turned on). With the Intel Stick, the same TV does not recognize the Stick until it is powered on and starts to boot. Similarly, after "shutdown" (powered off but still connected), the TV still sees the Lenovo Stick but not the Intel Stick.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Dean Gibson:

Once again thank you very much for the information posted previously, the option to unplugging and re-plugging the stick into the TV's HDMI port is actually a good workaround, so for all the peers viewing this thread, that is also a good option to try.

As you mentioned before, the problem seems to be related to the specific TV that is being used, the steps that we recommend to do are to make sure the HDMI cable is a high quality cable, also that the latest graphics driver for the specific compute stick is installed, and to make sure to install SOC (System On a Chip) driver.

After trying those steps, if the problem remains, then the next thing to do will be to replace it, because normally those steps are the ones that fixed this issue.

Regards

Alberto

GNich
Beginner

Intel Corporation wrote:

Also, it is recommended to use a high quality HDMI cable, since there are some cables that showed some problems with the HDMI sound.

Alberto

Hi Alberto,

No cable, stick is plugged straight into HDMI port.

Dean Gibson wrote:

To "aapee" (and others with this problem): With Windows booted, try unplugging and replugging the Stick into the TV's HDMI port, and let us know if that fixes it (for that boot). I've occasionally seen this on a cold boot, and the unplugging/replugging fixed it.

My opinion: I think it is related to the TV and the information the TV passed to the Stick when the TV first sees the connection..

For Intel Corp: As a point of comparison, I also have the Lenovo 300 Stick, and I have not seen this behavior with the Lenovo. One difference between the two, is that the TV recognizes the Lenovo Stick as soon as the Stick in inserted and connected to power (but not turned on). With the Intel Stick, the same TV does not recognize the Stick until it is powered on and starts to boot. Similarly, after "shutdown" (powered off but still connected), the TV still sees the Lenovo Stick but not the Intel Stick.

Hi Dean,

I did try unplugging and replugging, but it didn't work for me unfortunately, but I agree its to do with the state of the TV. seems if I bump my Bluetooth mouse before turning the TV on, it wakes the stick out of monitor power saver but it doesn't recognise the TV because its in standby. If I turn the TV on first then wake the stick out monitor power saver the audio seems fine. Funnily neither way causes an issue with the video driver

Bluetooth seems to be fine since I unchecked the power management feature in Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) driver properties. Seems a lot out power saver features are unnecessarily enabled by default as its a mobile CPU even though it is power pack fed and has no battery.

Regards

Nico

idata
Community Manager

Hello Nico67:

Thank you very much for the information posted previously, it will be very useful for all peers viewing this thread.

Regards

Alberto

AAlex25
Novice

RaphRyder it must be possible to get it working somehow. My stick was working great on Windows 10 till I had to factory reset it due to malware. Since the factory reset I've been having the same issues as yourself. And the original post. Intel need to find out what the issue is asap