Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

"Please Use AC Adapter" message when I'm already using AC adapter

I hope I'm not the only one with this issue.

I have a first generation intel compute stick (windows version), and it cannot stay running for extended periods of time. It will crash to a message stating something similar to: "Please use AC adapter". The thing is, I'm already using the AC adapter provided to me with the intel compute stick. This makes this product rather useless, since I can't utilize it for more than short instances at a time. Any help would be very appreciated...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Sounds like you need to have the unit - or perhaps just its AC Adapter - replaced. Simplest thing is to call Intel Customer Support (ICS) and set up a RMA for the whole mess.

Use this site to find a local phone number for ICS: https://customercare.intel.com/?lang=en-US Contact Intel Customer Support. In you are not in Canada or the U.S., click on the "world" icon near the bottom of the page and you will get a dialog that allows you to specify the region and country you are in. It will then display local phone numbers that you can use...

Hope this helps,

...S

idata
Community Manager

Mr. Pearson,

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll be honest, I was hoping that this wasn't the route I need to take. I purchased this device upon release last year, which I believe means it's past its date of warranty. Unfortunately for me, this wasn't a brand new problem, but a problem that has coexisted with this device since I first launched it. The reason why I did not pursue this issue right away, was because when I bought this, this was more or less an expensive toy, but now I have found a use for it. I'll start a ticket and just pray that they will be able to assist me in my issue. Thanks again

idata
Community Manager

Hello Dax:

I just wanted check if the information submitted on the previous post was helpful for you and if the issue was resolved or if it still persists?

Any further assistance, please let me know.

Alberto

idata
Community Manager

Alberto, Ivan,

Thank you for your attention. I tried to submit a ticket today, but I'm getting an error saying:

System Unavailable

Intel Customer Support Service Request Management is unavailable. We are actively working to resolve the system issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.

- Intel Customer Support Team

I guess I'll have to try this later.

idata
Community Manager

Hello Dax:

Please try the following link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @12 http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html# @12

Look for Intel® compute stick on product type, and you will get the options to get in contact with us directly, choose chat support, phone support or online service request.

Any questions, please let me know.

Alberto

idata
Community Manager

Hello Dax,

Try to get a replacement for the power adapter; this problem seems to be related with the power adapter.

If you already opened a ticket with Intel, I'm sure you will get the necessary assistance with the unit.

Regards,

Ivan