Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSush1
Beginner

sending data over internet to galileo using intel centrino

I am a beginner trying to interface galileo with centrino.

i wanted to know how to send data over internet to galileo using centrino.

Also can I do this using ARDUINO IDE.?

Any help is apprieciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello sushruthn96,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean but I will try to help you with this. Could you please answer the following questions?

Are you using the Centrino card and the wireless interface of Galileo?

Or, are you trying to send data from a Galileo to a Centrino board through the internet?

How would you like to send the data?

Regarding your question about the Arduino IDE, depending on how you'd like to send the data, it should be possible to send the data from an Arduino sketch but we'd need more information about what you'd like to achieve in order to be sure.

-Peter.
SSush1
Beginner

Sorry for late reply,

For example I wanted to control an LED at my house from my college.I wanted to do this using galileo and centrino.So can I do coding for this in arduino ide..

How can I send data over internet to galileo.

Help is appreciated

idata
Community Manager

I believe what you'd like to do can be achieved by using a cloud service such as Intel's Cloud Analytics. I'd suggest you to check the following document:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-iot-platforms-getting-started-cloud-analytics

-Peter.
FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Hi sushruthn96,

sushruthn96 wrote:

Sorry for late reply,

For example I wanted to control an LED at my house from my college.I wanted to do this using galileo and centrino.So can I do coding for this in arduino ide..

How can I send data over internet to galileo.

Help is appreciated

Is centrino a requirement? Intel Galileo already has Ethernet hardware for Internet connection, why would you need to buy, install and use a new/expensive (related to the 0 cost/already available Ethernet) one?

Fernando.

SSush1
Beginner

But to connect to my modem its better to use wifi module than drawing Ethernet cable.So if I use centrino can i code in Arduino IDE.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

But to connect to my modem its better to use wifi module than drawing Ethernet cable.

I see, fair enough.

So if I use centrino can i code in Arduino IDE.

You can code in the IDE you want/need, I think.

Fernando.

FTinetti
Honored Contributor I

Replying to myself just to add some other threads about this, which seem to be solved:

HTH,

Fernando.

idata
Community Manager

Hello sushruthn96,

Do you have any updates about this?

-Peter.