Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMade2
New Contributor II

ssh to Edison

Still need some info re ssh over wifi. I finally made a connection using both putty and teraterm. Used port 22. Connection extremely slow; may have to wait many seconds for keypress echo and response. Connection fragile and frequently is dropped by Edison.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JM

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

HI JM,

This could be due to network issues. I suggest you to check if your connection is stable. Have you tried to check if you get the same behavior while using the default image (3.0 version) with this I mean, without using the patch and other changes.

In order to log into the board you need to use the password of the board.

Regards,

Charlie

JMade2
New Contributor II

Hi Charlie,

The 'network' I'm dealing with consists of the PC running Win7 pro 64 bit and a workgroup hub communicating with an older Linksys dual band WAP using WEP security only and an ADSL modem for my Internet connection. No router, per se.

Perhaps I should just reflash with the latest release. Does the lastest release provide for configuring the RTC battery voltage and charging parameter register as the patch I am currently using provides?

I also have another post filed about the same time this one was concerning a problem with an Edison Arduino sketch upload error which may be related to the dialout group .... /def/ttyS6 gets a permission denied response.

Thanks,

Jules

idata
Community Manager

Hi Jules,

With the latest image you are not able to edit the /sys/devices/platform/pmic_ccsm/backup_battery_charge register. You still will need the patch.

The delays you see while using the SSH could be due to the network. Have you tried with another one.

Regards,

Charlie