cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SWang70
Beginner

sys/socket.h missing on MCU SDK for Mac OS

Hi

I am writing a piece of code that has curl.h library using the MCU SDK for MacOS, the compiler complains about can't find sys/socket.h. I searched on your MCU SDK folder, and it is not there.

Does the SDK rely on the local sys/scoket.h? I presum your cross compiler should contain this header file somewhere, right?

Could I get some help on this please?

here is my error message :

/curl-7.53.1/include/curl/curlbuild.h:571:26: fatal error: sys/socket.h: No such file or directory

Regards

Sean

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Sean,

Thanks for contacting us!

I have looked for the sys/socket.h header, however, I couldn't find it. I'd like to recommend you to add the socket.h file at this path: …/MCU_SDK_FOLDER/toolchain/cygwin64/i686-elf-gcc/i686-elf/include/sys/.

Please try this and let us know if it helps.

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi A

SWang70
Beginner

Hi Yermi

Today afternoon, I actually paste socket.h under /toolchain/darwin-x86_64/i686-elf-gcc/i686-elf/include/sys, but other header files that used in socket.h are complaining, such as features.h missing.. so I didnt look it after that, I will have a look it tomorrow again. Now I have to sleep 00:42 GMT

But if you have any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks

Regards

Sean

idata
Community Manager

Hi Sean,

I'd suggest you to add the features.h as well as the other header files to /toolchain/darwin-x86_64/i686-elf-gcc/i686-elf/include/sys. Hope this helps, however, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, I'm here to help you.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

-Yermi A.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Sean,

I'd like to know if you have any updates or still need further assistance.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

SWang70
Beginner

Hi Yermi

Thanks for your follow up.

Since I added the first missing header file to the compiler, it went into compile swamp...... I decided to go for other solutions.

I tried to change to your IoT edition IDE, and in the third party package manager added curl library, it works fine now.

Cheers

Sean

idata
Community Manager

Hi Sean,

We're happy to hear that using the IoT edition it works.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

-Yermi A.