cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

sys/socket.h missing on MCU SDK for Mac OS

Hi

I am writing a piece of code that has curl.h library using the MCU SDK for MacOS, the compiler complains about can't find sys/socket.h. I searched on your MCU SDK folder, and it is not there.

Does the SDK rely on the local sys/scoket.h? I presum your cross compiler should contain this header file somewhere, right?

Could I get some help on this please?

here is my error message :

/curl-7.53.1/include/curl/curlbuild.h:571:26: fatal error: sys/socket.h: No such file or directory

Regards

Sean

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Sean,

Thanks for contacting us!

I have looked for the sys/socket.h header, however, I couldn't find it. I'd like to recommend you to add the socket.h file at this path: …/MCU_SDK_FOLDER/toolchain/cygwin64/i686-elf-gcc/i686-elf/include/sys/.

Please try this and let us know if it helps.

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi A

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Yermi

Today afternoon, I actually paste socket.h under /toolchain/darwin-x86_64/i686-elf-gcc/i686-elf/include/sys, but other header files that used in socket.h are complaining, such as features.h missing.. so I didnt look it after that, I will have a look it tomorrow again. Now I have to sleep 00:42 GMT

But if you have any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks

Regards

Sean

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Sean,

I'd suggest you to add the features.h as well as the other header files to /toolchain/darwin-x86_64/i686-elf-gcc/i686-elf/include/sys. Hope this helps, however, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, I'm here to help you.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Sean,

I'd like to know if you have any updates or still need further assistance.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Yermi

Thanks for your follow up.

Since I added the first missing header file to the compiler, it went into compile swamp...... I decided to go for other solutions.

I tried to change to your IoT edition IDE, and in the third party package manager added curl library, it works fine now.

Cheers

Sean

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Sean,

We're happy to hear that using the IoT edition it works.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

-Yermi A.

0 Kudos