Intel® Makers
Intel® Edison, Intel® Joule™, Intel® Curie™, Intel® Galileo
Announcements
Welcome - This is a Peer-to-Peer Forum only. Intel has discontinued these products but you may find support from other customers on this Forum
9868 Discussions

target firmware version failed

MDibi
Novice

Hi, I get the message " target firmware version failed" everytime i try to update the firmware. I'm on a mac book pro osx 10.8.5 ... please help me

1 Solution
ASalv2
Novice

Hi! Make sure that you have selected the right serial port in the Arduino IDE (from the Tools menu). If the error still persists, try to move the IDE installation directory to a path that does not contain spaces -- it causes errors for the Windows version of the program, so I think it can do the same also on MacOS.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ASalv2
Novice

Hi! Make sure that you have selected the right serial port in the Arduino IDE (from the Tools menu). If the error still persists, try to move the IDE installation directory to a path that does not contain spaces -- it causes errors for the Windows version of the program, so I think it can do the same also on MacOS.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

MDibi
Novice

Thank you! the problem was that I renamed the file (Arduino Galileo) just to be sure of compatibility issues with the libraries I use with the "old" arduino IDE.. Changing the name solved the problem.