Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

turning on/off intel edison externaly

EDITED:

good day

i'm working with the mini breakout board and want to turn on and off the edison the same way the switch in the board but through the pins, is there a way to do that?

thanks

Mauricio

6 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello mauro30,

The command poweroff can be used to shutdown the Edison. You could read the state of a pin and depending if it is HIGH or LOW you can run the poweroff command and shutdown the Edison.

Regards,

Diego.

idata
Community Manager

hi diego, rereading my question i realize that i only ask half the question, y edited it to what i really want, to put it simple i want the same utility the switch provides but throught the pins so i can put the edison on a case and can turn on/off with a switch from the outside

thanks

Mauricio

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello mauro30,

What switch are you talking about? There is a push button on the Mini-Breakout Board, is it the one you are referring to? If that is the case, that push button is connected to the Edison's PWRBTN pin which is available in the J18-P3 pin. You could connect an external push button to this pin and it should have the same behavior of the onboard push button.

Regards,

Diego.

idata
Community Manager

hi diego, yeah i'm talking of that push button, so it's label as SW i keep refering to it as switch, sorry for the confusion. About the idea you say i have tried but don't have effect,i put a push button on a breadboard one side to the J18-3 and the other to the J19-3 witch is ground, is this the correct connection or have to connect it tho other pin?

thanks

Mauricio

Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello mauro30,

You can try wiring the same circuitry used on the Mini-Breakout Board.

Regards,

Diego.

idata
Community Manager

hi diego

actually i try again to connect the button to J18-3 and it worked, it take a bit longer than the board but it works maybe the time i try it i rush or weren't good contact on the breakboard.

thanks for your support

Mauricio