cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMarr
Beginner

tv tuner crashes compute stick

Hi,

I am trying to setup a second gen compute stick with a USB TV tuner. The tuner is plugged in via an externally powered USB hub and works in as much as the device is detected, drivers installed and software installed. The problem comes when I tell the software to search for channels, and then the compute stick crashes straight into a reboot. I have tried two different software packages and the crash happens at exactly the same time. It is clearly something to do with the channel searching.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get this working?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

I have not heard this previously, it seems to be USB hub, TV tuner or the software package.

I would recommend testing different USB hub or even another TV tuner or wait for different user that may post additional information about this matter.

Allan.
DMarr
Beginner

I cant see it being the software because I tried two different packages to eliminate that. I will have to try either without the USB hub or with a different one. I don't have a different tuner to use, this one has worked with other computers

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Were you able to test the Intel® Compute Stick with another USB hub or TV tuner?

Allan.