root@edison:~# opkg update
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/all/Packages.gz, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/edison/Packages.gz, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32/Packages.gz, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.5/intelgalactic/opkg/i586//Packages, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.5/iotdk/edison/all/Packages, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.5/iotdk/edison/core2-32/Packages, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.5/iotdk/edison/edison/Packages, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.1/intelgalactic/Packages, wget returned 4.
What contents do you have in /etc/opkg/base-feeds.conf? Have you added other lines to any of the files inside /etc/opkg/? If so, which ones.
"wget returned 4" occurs whenever there's a Network failure. Have you made any network related configuration?
I'm using 3.10.98 image http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel-edison/about/ meta-intel-edison - Layer for the Intel Edison Development Platform and trying to install opkg but I'm getting the same errors as shown in the screenshots and I thought if it is the network problem and followed the thread but there is no output and I cant install opkg on my edison.I tried a lot of ways by keeping the various links but there seems to be no output such as
,http://alextgalileo.altervista.org/edison-package-repo-configuration-instructions.html Edison Package Repo Configuration Instructions ,
In /etc/opkg/ base-feeds.conf initially there are no links and I added the links below on base-feeds.conf
src/gz all http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/all
src/gz edison http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/edison
src/gz core2-32 http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32
and in iotkit-conf also I added the link in iotkit-conf
src iotkit http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/2.0/intelgalactic http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.0/intelgalactic
and there is the output shown in the screenshots,
Can you please let me know ,How can I get the output and which links to be added and install opkg without any errors,any or everyhelp is appreciated.Thanks in Advance.
Thanks and Regards,
I'm not able to reproduce your issue. I'm able to update opkg with opkg update. This are the contents of my base-feeds.conf and iotkit.conf files. Make sure you have the same contents.