root@edison:~# opkg update
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/all/Packages.gz, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/edison/Packages.gz, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32/Packages.gz, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.5/intelgalactic/opkg/i586//Packages, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.5/iotdk/edison/all/Packages, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.5/iotdk/edison/core2-32/Packages, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.5/iotdk/edison/edison/Packages, wget returned 4.
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/1.1/intelgalactic/Packages, wget returned 4.
What contents do you have in /etc/opkg/base-feeds.conf? Have you added other lines to any of the files inside /etc/opkg/? If so, which ones.
"wget returned 4" occurs whenever there's a Network failure. Have you made any network related configuration?
I'm using 3.10.98 image http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel-edison/about/ meta-intel-edison - Layer for the Intel Edison Development Platform and trying to install opkg but I'm getting the same errors as shown in the screenshots and I thought if it is the network problem and followed the thread but there is no output and I cant install opkg on my edison.I tried a lot of ways by keeping the various links but there seems to be no output such as
,http://alextgalileo.altervista.org/edison-package-repo-configuration-instructions.html Edison Package Repo Configuration Instructions ,
In /etc/opkg/ base-feeds.conf initially there are no links and I added the links below on base-feeds.conf
src/gz all http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/all
src/gz edison http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/edison
src/gz core2-32 http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32
and in iotkit-conf also I added the link in iotkit-conf
src iotkit http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/2.0/intelgalactic http://iotdk.intel.com/repos/3.0/intelgalactic
and there is the output shown in the screenshots,
Can you please let me know ,How can I get the output and which links to be added and install opkg without any errors,any or everyhelp is appreciated.Thanks in Advance.
Thanks and Regards,