Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TDeng1
Novice

what's the problem about the Edison console

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I designed my own expansion boar for Edison,and use the "FTDI FT232RQ" to change the UART2 as a console,when power my board and connect the console to my MAC,the address is :

/dev/cu.usbseriail-A504DYI7. I use screen command to get in ,there is nothing ,then I use the Arduino board the address is :

/dev/cu.usbserail-A502P3PQ and I can use the screen to get in. what's wrong? does it means something wrong with my own board?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Teduav,

I checked the schematic of the Mini-Breakout Board and it seems to be the same as the one in your custom board, so as far as I can see, there are no issues with the connections. I suggest you to check if there is data flowing through the Tx and Rx pins of the FT232RQ to make sure that the USB-to-Serial section is working correctly. A logic analyzer would be great for this test because we would be able to see the signals and check if they are correct or not.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Diego_V_Intel
Employee

Hello Teduav,

I checked the schematic of the Mini-Breakout Board and it seems to be the same as the one in your custom board, so as far as I can see, there are no issues with the connections. I suggest you to check if there is data flowing through the Tx and Rx pins of the FT232RQ to make sure that the USB-to-Serial section is working correctly. A logic analyzer would be great for this test because we would be able to see the signals and check if they are correct or not.

Regards,

Diego.

View solution in original post

TDeng1
Novice

Hello,Diego

Thank you for you answer,I find this problem I have connect the TX,RX to another chip without a switch.