Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

Memory distribution

jpprieto
Beginner
Hello everyone.
I'm want to run two mpi (MPICH2) codes in my cluster.
I send the first work distributed with round robin and all is ok.
The problem appear when I send the second work. The memory used by the second one is from the cpu used by the first work and doesn't use the memory of the other, almost free, cpu.
There is a flag with which I can tell to MPICH2 that it should use the memory free cpus?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
This appears somewhat more likely to get an answer on the HPC forum. It's usually more effective to restrict each application to its own group of nodes. Intel MPI (a derivative of mpich2) has its own environment variables, which would have to be set differently for the two jobs, so as to keep them on separate CPUs.
Without such affinity settings, one would expect current technology schedulers to distribute the work across CPUs. On Windows, this means Windows 7 or 2008 R2.
0 Kudos
jpprieto
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
This appears somewhat more likely to get an answer on the HPC forum. It's usually more effective to restrict each application to its own group of nodes. Intel MPI (a derivative of mpich2) has its own environment variables, which would have to be set differently for the two jobs, so as to keep them on separate CPUs.
Without such affinity settings, one would expect current technology schedulers to distribute the work across CPUs. On Windows, this means Windows 7 or 2008 R2.
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos