Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

OPENMP Error in Fortran 11.1 build 048

Bon
Beginner
Now, i'm testing the intel fortran compiler ( 11.1.048 )

With openmp, I have a correct results in the previous version(10.1.013), Now, there's some problem
VS : 2005
-------------------------------------------------------
Integer omp_get_max_threads, nprocs
nprocs = omp_get_max_threads()

--------------------------------------------------------
In 10.1.013, nprocs = 8, but, in 11.1.048, I have nprocs = 32768
What should i do????

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Try correcting the program, declaring the omp_ functions by
USE OMP_LIB
rather than guessing their data types and hoping that the compiler will handle empty argument lists by accident.
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Also, do not assume omp_max_threads() returns the number of procs (processors I assume) on the system. It returns the maximum number of softwarethreads permitted which can be more or less than the number of "processors".

Per IVF doc
omp_max_threads() returns the number of threads available to subsequent parallel regions created by the calling thread. This function returns the value inherited by the calling thread from the OMP_SET_NUM_THREADS() function.
(or inherited from environment variable, or inhereted from omp runtime initialization to number of hardware thread on system or to number of hardware threads available to process).

And, the number returned is not necessarily the number of threads that will be created (and used) in the next parallel region. (you must test for this inside the region)

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos