Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.
1696 Discussions

To learn parallel programing with FFTs using intel MKL

Angel_Vergara
Beginner

hi everyone

Im working with FFTs routines using Intel MKL and I need to develop an application in parallel. Who couldtell me where I can to find documentation about to learn parallel programing withFFTs?

thanks

Angel

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Such questions, if not covered in the MKL docs, would usually be asked on the MKL forum, at least if they pertain to parallelism within an FFT. Of course, if you have multiple independent FFT analyses of similar size, it may be more effective to make parallel tasks or loops outside the MKL calls, which makes the parallelism more generic. Then there is nothing specific to FFT, except that you may choose to invoke mkl_sequential.
0 Kudos
Angel_Vergara
Beginner
Hi Tim!

I forget to mention that I'm working with fortran 90 on Linux, OpenSuse11.1. Ive checked the MKL docs, but the examples are oriented to C++. You know where can to find examples in fortran?

effectively I have multiple independent FFT analyses, but I would like to reduce the process time becausein the lastcomputationthe time was increased considereable...

thanks

Angel

Quoting - tim18
Such questions, if not covered in the MKL docs, would usually be asked on the MKL forum, at least if they pertain to parallelism within an FFT. Of course, if you have multiple independent FFT analyses of similar size, it may be more effective to make parallel tasks or loops outside the MKL calls, which makes the parallelism more generic. Then there is nothing specific to FFT, except that you may choose to invoke mkl_sequential.

0 Kudos
mahmoudgalal1985
Beginner
Quoting - tim18
Thank you
0 Kudos
barragan_villanueva_
Valued Contributor I
0 Kudos