Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

analyse threads processed by individual cores

avon_edward
Beginner

Hi,

I have a intel dual core machine running windows 2000 and wanted to know if there are any tools that show which processor is processing the individual threads. Like AMD's Code Analyst.

thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dmitry_Vyukov
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - avon_edward

Hi,

I have a intel dual core machine running windows 2000 and wanted to know if there are any tools that show which processor is processing the individual threads. Like AMD's Code Analyst.

I think what you are looking is Intel Thread Profiler:

http://www.intel.com/cd/software/products/asmo-na/eng/286749.htm

(see screenshots)

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - avon_edward

Hi,

thanks

CodeAnalyst covers some of the territory of Intel VTune; however, Intel threading tools generally are not supported for Windows 2000. As the other reply indicated, Intel thread profiler (or Intel compiler with openmp_profile) may give useful results. Windows 2000 is generally considered undesirable for supporting threading, on account of the low limit for number of threads, and the greedy spinlock strategy not allowing sharing of resources. Not to mention that it is no longer supported by anyone.

0 Kudos