Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.

dual core pentium r vs. athlon 64x2

saleencobra
Beginner

I purchased a lap top with a dual core pentium r processor and wanted to know what the difference between a pentium r and athlon 64x2 is

thanks, mike

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The original Intel Core Duo laptop supported only 32-bit OS. Core 2 Duo supports 64-bit OS, but is usually supplied with 32-bit Windows pre-installed. AMD 64-bit laptops could be running 32-ibt or 64-bit OS.
0 Kudos
naresh_intel
Beginner

I would like to know the difference between Intel Dual Core and Intel Core Duo.

Any help is appreciated!!

0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

I would like to know the difference between Intel Dual Core and Intel Core Duo.

Any help is appreciated!
0 Kudos
robert-reed
Valued Contributor II
Intel Dual-Core technologyisa collective term that refers to all Intel dual core processors. Intel Core Duo and Intel Core2 Duo brands refer to specific Intel architectures. The former of these is a 32-bit dual-core technology that first appeared in Intel mobile processor parts. The latter is the 64-bit dual-core technology, also called Intel 64 architecture, as it applies to dual-core processors. That 64-bit architecture is also used in the Intel Core2 Quad processor package, which packs 4 cores into a single package.
0 Kudos
muhaisen
Beginner

What is the equivalent of Intel Pentium 3.2 GHz dual core in the core 2 duo technology?

0 Kudos