Intel® Moderncode for Parallel Architectures
Support for developing parallel programming applications on Intel® Architecture.
1696 Discussions

sir is there any tools that automatically converts serialcode to parallelcode

sabbinenisunil
Beginner
if there is any tools like that please name the tools
0 Kudos
1 Solution
5 Replies
Dmitry_Vyukov
Valued Contributor I
That are the same tools that automatically convert requirements to serial code. If you are using a one, you can ask it to do further automatic conversions. The last step is automatic printing of money.
0 Kudos
kalloyd
Beginner
That are the same tools that automatically convert requirements to serial code. If you are using a one, you can ask it to do further automatic conversions. The last step is automatic printing of money.

Yes, to various degrees. See Intel's Parallel Studio and Threading Building Blocks. Microsoft has their Parallel Extensions, too.

Requirements can be decomposed from UML Use Cases into both Test Cases and Activity Diagrams.

For better solutions, look at Actions in UML Activity Diagrams - especially forks and joinsrelated totask parallelization in rollouts. I use this in round-trip engineering with what I think are pretty good results.

0 Kudos
sabbinenisunil
Beginner
sir but my question is different,iam not asking about uml tool .i know in uml re engineering is possible.
but what iam asking is that serialcode to parallelcode conversion possible or not.
is there any tool developed for that or not.
0 Kudos
magicfoot
Beginner
Not really. If your process is "embarrasinly parallel", i.e. no relationship between threads such as message passing or synchronisation, then it can boil down to simple scheduling on threads.

For more complex tasks and semi-automation have a look at using openMP on a Shared memory arrangement as this is pretty simple. Use several X7560s on one motherboard for a low cost solution.

MPI technology with C is not too difficult to master if you are looking for greater distributed power with more effort.

You will not be able to avoid evaluating your program mechanics in order to make it parallel in some form. Do not leave this to some automated process where you do not know what is happening under the hood. You will encounter a learning curve either before the effort or as a correction afterwards.

My 2 cents worth. Linux environment with Gcc and openMP for the quickest result!
0 Kudos