Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Does the element board support thunderbolt 3/usb-c monitors via displayport passthrough to discrete gpu?

How will discrete gpu work with usbc or thunderbolt 3 monitors?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Hello JustAThousand,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community Forums.

To better assist you, please provide me with the specific model of your Intel* NUC Element board.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

NUC9i9QNX or NUC9i7QNB

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello JustAThousand,

Thank you for your response.

Both Intel®️ NUC 9 Extreme Kit - NUC9i9QNX and Intel®️ NUC 9 Extreme Compute Element - NUC9i7QNB support 2x Thunderbolt 3 and HDMI* 2.0a. They also support 3 displays.

When connecting a discrete graphics card to one of these systems, the system will use the interfaces/graphics output available on the integrated video card. 

To obtain more information about the graphics output and number of displays supported by the discrete graphics card, we recommend that you contact the video card manufacturer to get more information about their product.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello,

do you mean there is no support for thunderbolt 3/usb-c monitors while using discrete gpu?

"When connecting a discrete graphics card to one of these systems, the system will use the interfaces/graphics output available on the integrated video card. "

do you mean available on the discrete video card?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

Yes, it will use the discrete video card.

However, I would like to look into this and provide you with more details about the Element Board. I will post back in this thread once I have more information.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos