Intel® NUC Elements
Support for Intel® NUC Compute Element, Board Element and Chassis Element
87 Discussions

Information on Thunderbolt JHL8040 and TPS65993AD-X PD as well as ITE IT5571 on CMB2GB

avdeng1
Beginner

We are working on a custom  NUC 11 Element Carrier based on the CMB2GB board.  Thus far there are a few parts that are elusive and will prevent this project from moving forward.

1. Where do we get a datasheet for the JHL8040 Thunderbolt 4 re-timer?  Intel side or Thunderbolt side?

2. How do we get information regarding TPS65993AD-X PD controller on the CMB2GB?  Do we reach out to Intel, Intel Thunderbolt, or Texas Instruments?

3.  The NUC Compute Element Carrier Board Design Overview Document states that the only supported embedded controller is the ITE IT5571.  We have attempted several times to contact Austin Chang who is listed as the ITE POC.  We have not received a reply.  Is there another option for the embedded controller from a company that might respond?  Is there another point of contact at ITE you might be able to provide.

We would appreciate any help you can provide you get information regarding these three devices so we can move forward.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean_Intel

Thanks for posting into the Intel Communities.

Regarding your queries, I would like to confirm if you are looking for a product in specific since the NUC 11 Element Carrier family consists of multiple products and they have different features and the information may vary depending on the model you are looking for.

Unfortunately, we have no contact information from any representative from ITE, so I will not be able to provide you with any information about it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Jean_Intel

Hello @avdeng1.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.

avdeng1
Beginner

Jean,

I am sorry, I completely forgot to reply to the previous message and do apologize.  Our plan base on our needs are is design a custom carrier based the CMB2GB, Garden Bridge, reference design.  Our application requires more M.2 slots, internal USB 3.x capability, and additional frequency/timing reference circuitry. We did finally hear back from ITE regarding the ITE5571.  TI has provided information regarding available PD controllers similar to the TPS65993.  Right now we are waiting to hear back regarding our Thunderbolt Host developer application which will provide information regarding regarding the JHL8040 re-timer.  We also had a productive conversation with Arrow and a member of the Intel NUC/SFF business unit.  Will reach out on the forums again if we run into any issues.

Thank you!

Jean_Intel

Hello @avdeng1.

There is no need to apologize.

I am glad to hear that your questions are being answered.

I would be waiting for your response, in case you present any issue, or need any other information, let me know.

Best regards,

Jean O.

Jean_Intel

Hello @avdeng1.

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitor

Best regards.

Jean O.