Intel® NUC Elements
Support for Intel® NUC Compute Element, Board Element and Chassis Element
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

60 Discussions

SATA cable for the Compute Element H-Series

NikosZ
Beginner

Can you provide sourcing information for the SATA cable for the BKNUC9VXQNB Compute Element H-Series?

The combined data and power connector is described on page 42 of the Technical Product Specifications as FPC Style 16-pin connector. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello NikosZ

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

I would like to confirm that you are looking for the availability of the SATA cable of the Intel® NUC?

Do you currently have any chassis for the Intel® nuc? Did they come as a bundle?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

NikosZ
Beginner

No Intel chassis. Just a bare Compute Element board.

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello NikosZ

Thank you for the details, allow me to look into your request for the SATA cable, I will be posting back as soon as possible

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Ronny_G_Intel

Hello NikosZ,

Apologies for the delay, it was a bit difficult to get the requested information.

The type of SATA connector on the board is "FPC,0.5mm,Gold 15u inch,Black,SMD-16P,ROHS,HF" unfortunately I can only recommend that you try to find a matching cable for this connector.

We do not provide this cable as a fulfillment item.

Regards,

Ronny G

AlanH
Beginner

Can you at least post the pin out of the connector so we know that if we can find a cable, it's the correct one and we don't short out something on the very expensive computer element or the hard drive?. Or at the minimum refer us to a 3rd party that sells the cable. To tell someone to try and find the cable elsewhere isn't a very good answer if you are looking for repeat business. For what the compute element costs, there should have been a cable included. 

Alan

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Alan,

The pinout and connector information is provided in the TPS (Technical Product Specification) for the board.

Hope this helps,

...S