Intel® NUC Elements
Support for Intel® NUC Compute Element, Board Element and Chassis Element
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

60 Discussions

What type of USB 2.0 internal headers used in NUC8i3CYSN?

kacharava
New Contributor I

I want to use them to connect the keyboard/mouse transmitters, so I need to purchase the correct bare USB ports.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kacharava
New Contributor I

Just in case someone will want to make the 1,25/4 USB cable, here is the wiring.

Consider the yellow as white. ))

Intel_NUC_1,25x4_to_USB_wiring.jpg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The headers on the board are documented in the Technical Product Specification, which is available here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC8i3CYS_TPS.pdf.

The one place that I know sells compatible cables is Micro SATA Cables (a.k.a. GORITE). They are U.S. based, but they do ship internationally. Here are links to the pertinent pages on their site: 

Micro SATA Cables also has a presence on Amazon. Here are links to pages for these same products:

Hope this helps,

...S

kacharava
New Contributor I

Thanks a lot for the useful links, n_scott_pearson!

But I'm afraid I won't get the cables in the reasonable future from this store due to the pandemic situation.

As far as I've understood from the TPS there are 1.25/4pin connectors, so I'm going to find them near me.

Thanks a lot!

kacharava
New Contributor I

Just in case someone will want to make the 1,25/4 USB cable, here is the wiring.

Consider the yellow as white. ))

Intel_NUC_1,25x4_to_USB_wiring.jpg

View solution in original post

Decca
Novice

I ordered two of the 8 inch cables from Micro Sata Cables on 10th august. I'm in the UK. They arrived yesterday, which is pretty speedy from the US. Kudos to them, and they work perfectly. I use a wireless mouse and keyboard each with a small USB2 receiver. These now live inside the NUC on the end of the USB2 extension cables, freeing up two much more useful USB3 Gen 2 ports. Perfect!