Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12333 Discussions

2.5" SATA drive on NUC7i5DNKE

Vumad
Beginner

I have a NUC7i5DNKE with a 120GB NVMe m.2 drive installed. Reading the hardware spec and the board documentation I notice that there are also two 6.0Gbps SATA connectors (SATA i/f and power). Is it possible to connect a SATA SDD to the board and also use the NVMe drive at the same time? If so is there an extension module available to house the 2.5" drive?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Vumad, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. 

In this case, it is possible to use both an NVMe drive and a SATA SSD drive at the same time. 

Your NUC is a slim version which means it doesn't include the 2.5 module for SSDs and HDDs. We do not offer any expansion modules for your product for it to be able to have the bay for the drive. There is a company call GORITE which makes customized plates for Intel® NUCs, if you want, you can reach them and ask them if it is possible to make a plate with a 2.5 bay for the drive that works with your Intel® NUC. 

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

By '2.5 module', Josue means the drive bay that is included in the tall chassis (i.e., the NUC7i5DNHE (notice the H versus K) chassis) for the addition of a 2.5" SATA SSD/HDD/SSHD.

I do not believe that GORITE (or its sales through MicroSATACables.com) offers a drive bay that utilizes the SATA interface - but they do have expansion bays that connect via USB3.

Hope this helps,

...S

Vumad
Beginner

Thanks for the info guys. Your feedback is much appreciated!

JosueO_Intel

Hello Vumad, 

I am glad to hear that you found the information provided was useful, if you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician