Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12538 Discussions

2.5gb LAN update???

jsmiddleton4
New Contributor I

I posted months ago about an issue I was having with throughput via a 2.5gbe port on an 11th Gen NUC.  Ended up sending it back.  While I've asked for an update, nothing.......

Looking at the finally available 11th gen's with 2 Thunderbolt ports, one TBT3-one TBT4, and noticed a firwmare update AND a registry patch addressing the Intel i-225 lan issues.

Did the slower throughput get addressed and the firmware/registry patch address it?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @jsmiddleton4

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please share with us the link to the other thread that you mentioned you posted some months ago? Also, please confirm the models of the new "11th gen Intel® NUCs" that you are referring to? (In case you are referring to specific NUC model(s)...)

Finally, and just to make sure we're on the same page, please provide more details about where you saw or read the information about the "firmware update AND a registry patch addressing the Intel i-225 LAN issues". Feel free to share any references or links to the information.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

jsmiddleton4
New Contributor I

The information on the BIOS update and then the Registry patch is on the Download pages for the 11th Gen with the i225 LAN.  Its on more than one but both are on the Download page for this one: NUC11TNHI5.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/11th-Gen-i5-2-5G-be-slow-throughput/m-p/1336762#M86780

AndrewG_Intel

Hello jsmiddleton4

Thank you for your response and for the details.

Checking the documentation, the BIOS update and the Windows Registry patch refer to Wake on LAN issues or Ethernet Controller disappearing from Device Manager (both in Windows 11/10 Modern Standby). However, we will check this internally for further details to see if this applies to additional issues-fixes or improvements.

We will be posting back in the thread as soon as more information is available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

jsmiddleton4
New Contributor I

Thanks. 

AndrewG_Intel

Hello jsmiddleton4

After reviewing this further, we may say that the only issue that was reported and addressed in the "firmware update AND a registry patch" is the one described in this article: Solving issues with Intel® Ethernet Controller i225 on Intel NUC products with Windows 11/10 Modern ...

Regarding your previous thread and the issue you experienced, we would like to inform you that the engineering team indicated that there was no problem with LAN connection at 2.5Gbps. There are no release notes or indication that what you reported was a known issue.

For any other inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

jsmiddleton4
New Contributor I

Thanks.  I didn't report it, do all the data collection, to see if it was a known issue.  I did all of the data collection to make it a known issue.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello jsmiddleton4

Thank you for your response.

Yes, there is no indication that what you reported was a known issue. It seems it was just an isolated issue experienced for the particular NUC you had. We hope this clarifies your concern.

Since you have already returned the device and there are no more questions in the thread, we will proceed to close it now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.