Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11283 Discussions

2020: No audio over hdmi in games

Lock2nl
Beginner

I only have one game installed : f12020

I played the game for 5 months at 1600x900 and reduced details without much of a problem on a large LG TV using a HDMI connection. I used the LG TV Bluetooth connection because the NUC caused a lot of stuttering.

After a couple of updates from Intel and some MS updates, I can no longer get any audio from the game. Any other sound (movies/youtube) is just fine. Game audio from th headphone connection (realtek) works fine.

My system:

NUC8i5BEH2Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8259U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
RAM16,0 GB (15,9 GB available)

xp gammix s11 pro NVME 500 GB

Samsung SD 850 EVO 500 GB

I did delete the Intel display audio driver twice and reinstalled it again (first by letting Windows 10 fix it at reboot, than bij using GFX-Win10-27.20.100.8681_BE). Today I repeated this. But it did not help a bit.

How can I  get my sound back?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Lock2nl, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that Intel has already identified this issue, and it seems to come from the game(s) code. The reason why this issue does not occur on previous drivers is due to a code bug. Intel has been reaching out to most developers so they can look into this and fix their code. 

A workaround you can try is making sure that the game resolution matches the one set in Windows (e.g. in the game settings set 1920x1080 if that is the one you have in Windows). https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000035049/intel-nuc/intel-nuc-kits.html  

Additionally, I would appreciate if you can provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

3. Provide the game's full name and version. Please include the settings used for this game also.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Lock2nl
Beginner

Hi Sebastian.

I will try to deliver these data tomorrow. Today (including this evening) I'm too busy.

Btw, I found a workaround.Ppart of the workaround is based on starting the game in the original screen resolution, which is 4k (the other way around, reducing resolution of the TV does not work).

But is does not work straight out of the box. In the game, the graphics settings should not only be using the same resolution, it MUST be played in a window. So I choose full screen windowed.

If you then save the game and restart it, you will get the sound back. Next, you go into the game menu to adjust the graphics settings. Leave it in windowed mode, but you can reduce the resolution. Save the adjustments and you will be able to play that game with sound.

Of course it would be much better when things worked like they used to. Good to know a fix seems to be upcoming! 

Lock2nl
Beginner

Hi Sebastian.

I have attached the reports.

I'm using the 1.14 version of Codemasters F12020 at a 1600x900 resolution with refresh rate on auto in windowed full screen mode. If you need more details (that is a lot), please tell me.

Lock2nl
Beginner

Is there any progress in this matter?

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Lock2nl,

I am taking care of this issue and I still checking with the Graphics team, please allow me some extra time and I will get back to you.

Regards,

Ronny G

Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Lock2nl,

We have been looking into this issue and after checking with the Graphics Team and based on this article https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000035049/intel-nuc/intel-nuc-kits.html  I am submitting your report regarding No Audio when playing Game F1* 2020 to the Intel team that is looking for a workaround for this issue but unfortunately I cannot promise any resolution at this time.

Regards,

Ronny G

Ronny_G_Intel

I would also try driver igfx_win10_100.9079 which is available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30079/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers this is our "generic" Graphics driver, not validated/tested for NUC but it usually exhibits no issues but it may contain fixes. I dont see any particular fix for the issue that you are reporting but it may be worth trying.

Lock2nl
Beginner

The installation of these dch-drivers failed. I said one of the components could not be installed. That is actually quite surprizing...

Lock2nl
Beginner
Ronny_G_Intel

Hi Lock2nl,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you, we escalated this issue all the way up to the Graphics team and the investigation required some additional time.

The Intel Graphics team is aware of this issue and they are working on a solution but unfortunately, we cannot commit to a timeline for deployment. This represents a pretty significant redesigning of the audio codec driver and implementation time is still not defined or it may not happen at all.

I totally understand if you are not happy with the current status and I would recommend that you reach out directly to Intel Customer Support to evaluate other alternatives to mitigate this issue.

Here is our contact Intel information: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@7 use Phone, Chat or Webticketing support options and make reference to case 04906456.

Regards,

Ronny G 

Lock2nl
Beginner

To be honest Ronny, I pretty much had it with Intel. It's a known issue and now I have to escalate it myself ??? Tell your boss Intel just lost a customer.