Hello. I bought on ebay 6i5syh. The seller sent to another country with assurances that everything is working.
1. Got the goods, inserted the RAM (HMA451S6AFR8N-TF NO AC), turned on - the blue diode is on, there is no video signal for hdmi.
The seller says that the problem is in the RAM.
2. I bought and installed Crucial RAM. No Video signal.
3. I buy an adapter with a minidisplay port on hdmi. No video signal.
4. Inserting back HMA451S6AFR8N-TF NO AC - Power LED is blinking in a pattern of three.
5. HDD indicator dont blink.
Prompt please - whether there is a chance to revive nuc?
P.S.: I appeal in support of intel. Since I am not the first owner, I do not have the right to a guarantee. intel congratulated me on the purchase of a beautiful alumna useless box.
Hello Max Novohackiy,
Thank you for joining the Intel® NUC Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.
The LED pattern you are seeing is related to memory, and for this specific scenario you can try the following suggestions:
What is the part number of the Crucial RAM you tested?
Try booting the Intel® NUC without any memory sticks in order to check if you get the LED pattern too.
Hello. Without any memory sticks i get the LED pattern too and sound signal. Tomorrow I will be able to try more RAM - Kingston KVR21S15S8/4.
I do not understand a few points:
1. Why is there no video signal and should it be without RAM?
2. Why did SK hynix at first not issue errors, and then ceased to be determined?
3. Why does not the hard disk indicator work?
At me on one assumption - something does not allow 6i5syh to pass all required tests before start (((((((
Bear in mind that the memory supported in this Intel® NUC is DDR4-2133 1.2V SO-DIMM only, other frequencies and types will not work.
Will answer in the same order you posted;
1. I don't understand from your description what is your setup? Why you are using adapter minidisplayport - displayport? If your monitor have DP socket, use cable mini DP to DP (without adapter). The Kingston memory you are using is compatible to your NUC.
2. What monitor are you using?
3. The problem may be in your BIOS which may be corrupted. So, my advise in this situation is to perform BIOS recovery: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html BIOS Recovery Update Instructions for Intel® NUC
3.1 Start with preparing USB stick, fully (rather than quick format) formatted to FAT32. Save on it the latest bios file SY0063.bio: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27340/BIOS-Update-SYSKLi35-86A-?product=89190 Download BIOS Update [SYSKLi35.86A] . And important - use full format (it takes long time).
3.2 Try to recover BIOS from the Power Button menu.
3.2.1 Inset USB with BIOS file into USB slot and press and hold the Power Button for about 3 seconds. You should release the Power Button soon as the power led changes color from blue to amber. NUC will reboot into Power Button Menu. With the USB containing the latest bios file, press F4 and the recovery shall start.
3.3. If the Power Menu will not appear, try to recover your BIOS from Configuration menu. Follow these steps:
3.3.1. Disconnect the power adapter and remove the bottom cover from your NUC.
3.3.2. Remove the yellow security jumper and close the bottom cover.
3.3.3. Reconnect the power adapter and power ON the NUC. Wait 30 sec - 2min. If the memory, cable and monitor are working you shall see the Configuration Menu - similar to the attached image.
3.3.4. If you see this menu, NOW insert USB stick (prepared before) with the latest bios file - SY0063.bio
3.3.5. Press F4 and the bios recovery will start after some time and will end after 2 -5 minutes.
3.3.6. When bios recovery completed, switch the power OFF, remove the power adapter and replace the Security Jumper.
If you don't see the Configuration Menu after waiting 2 minutes, you have problem with the video output .
Hope this will help
There are two questions.
1.If you insert a flash drive in usb, then the flash drive should earn a diode?
2.If you connect a usb keyboard, then the CapsLock key should light up the diode?
My monitor - iiyama PL2942hsu-b1
I dont have cable mini DP to DP((((((((
1. Yes, if the Flash Drive is equipped with LED, the LED is illuminated. Some times, momentarily as a activity light - showing reading or writing (for example in SanDisk Ultra USB). Some times the LED is constantly illuminated when inserted (for example SanDisk micro cruzer).
2. If you have CapsLock key depressed, the diode will light. If you release CapsLOck, the light shall go OFF.
3. Couldn't find spec for your monitor, but better don't use adapter ( this adapter may be not compatible). Use direct cable connection, if you don't have DP cable use HDMI.
No, Max, NUC6i5SYH is very good product. I myself have it for two years. No problem at all. Please do not forget that you have 3 years international warranty for this product (even you have bought on ebay). Check your warrant coverage: https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo?lang=en-US Warranty Information .
I bought it on ebay and can confirm it, but I'm the second owner - intel ready to communicate only with the first owners. Although officially I am now the owner ((((((((((((
Did you check here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/services/000006303.html?wapkw=warranty+check Determine if Your Product Is Still Under Warranty?