Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

7i5bnk - 2 4k monitors, both flicker to black for 2 seconds around once every minute - unusable

I have been using the 7i5bnk with 2 4k monitors at 60Hz (1 23" dell and 1 27" LG) - and it's been working well for a month or two until today (29 July 2017).

Very occasionally before one monitor would go black for a second maybe 4 times a day. Today I installed new graphics, network and BIOS drivers - now both screens flicker black for 2 seconds each about once a minute. This is an unusable environment!

I re-installed the old drivers from June - but the flicker *is still happening*.

I've tried each monitor by itself with other one not plugged in. One is on HDMI, one on DP. Both do it separately when they are the only one connected.

I'm using this as my main workstation and now I can't work - it's just impossible to work with the screens constantly turning off.

It seems to get worse if I have multiple videos playing, or move windows around quickly - though it's always a little unpredictable.

How can I fix this - it has destroyed my ability to earn money to buy food.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor II

There are some similar threads on the forum about people have experienced their 4k TVs connected via HDMI flickering, or having monitors going blank for 2-3 seconds.

I have a 2 monitor set up, albeit not 4k, and after working perfectly for 4 months, one of my monitors has suddenly started to go blank for 2-3 seconds every so often. The only update I did was from BIOS 0046 to 0048. While there is not conclusive evidence that this is the issue, from my perspective it is my view that this is the cause for the situation I have. I have posted my issue in a separate thread.

If your issue is the same as mine, then unfortunately it is not possible to downgrade from BIOS 0048 back to 0046.

Like many others, I am waiting for Intel to provide a fix

TheWombat

Highlighted
Novice

Hi

I successfully downgraded to an earlier version of the BIOS - one I was using previously - it seemed to make zero difference. Perhaps the BIOS upgrade changed something that downgrading doesn't put back?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Which Nuc are you using?

I am super annoyed at this, I don't know if I'll ever buy a Nuc again - I thought drivers and reliability were supposed to be better on a machine made by Intel itself!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello niico,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

I am sorry to hear you are having flickering issues. Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Juan V.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Turns out my BIOS downgrade didn't work because Intel in their infinite stupidity not only broke the BIOS - but made it impossible to go back to the working BIOS.

It's like Keystone Cops...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I can't do this diag stuff for a day or two because I'm away from that machine. Will do when I can but surely you should have enough information to fix this now - clearly a lot of people are having the same problem?!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor I

down driver to 4664

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello All,

I work for Intel Customer Support and I want to let you know that we are aware of screen flashing and/or flickering issue when using 4K resolutions on NUC7ixBN systems.

This issue has been reported and engineering is working on finding a solution for it.

I am trying to locate all community threads related to this issue to refer them back to the following one and consolidate: /message/490689# 490689 NUC7ixBN Screen Flashing/Flickering when using 4K resolutions <</span>/thread/116824 https://communities.intel.com/thread/116824> We will keep this community thread updated with any progress we make.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused or is still causing and I appreciate your help and patience.

I will be locking up this thread to make sure all comments are properly tracked and followed on /message/490689# 490689 NUC7ixBN Screen Flashing/Flickering when using 4K resolutions

Regards,

Ronny G

0 Kudos