Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BS5
Beginner

8th gen NUCs more silent?

I saw a review where they claimed that the new fans are larger (8cm) than before. Though the review was in Korean and I used Google Translate.

Imjust got a used Dell 3050 Micro with an i5 7500t CPU and I'm disappointed with the noise it does on idle, considering it's mainly used as a convolver for audio I wanted to have a silent machine when almost idling (convolving uses very little CPU) and powerful and eventually more noisy on load.

How does the fan noise of the new 8th gen NUCs compare to the previous gen on minimal load? Especially interested in the i5, e.g. the BOXNUC8i5BEK2?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello benjist,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

I can see that you are investigating whether the 8th Generation NUCs are more silent than other systems you've had.

I would like to begin by mentioning that there are ways to set up profiles on the BIOS so you can set the fan operation as "Silent", which should operate silently when the system's load is low.

Nevertheless, something I recommend is to check here and see if other community members have opinions of this particular unit you have mentioned or similar, I can tell you for sure that there are ways to set up the profiles for the fan to run silently.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
idata
Community Manager

Hello benjist,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Was the information provided helpful?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation