Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12514 Discussions

Adding an HDMI output to a Gen 11 i7 NUC ?

Zenographie
Beginner

Hi

I have a  Nuc11tnkv7 and wish to add a second HDMI output. What could be the best possible options, considering the very little hardware information about this platform? 

- adding a splitter would be the simplest option, but impossible to change the resolution of the secondary display (the first one is necessarily 1024x600, and I would like if possible a 4k secondary display) 

- is it possible to connect a thunderbolt/hdmi cable to get this result? (https://www.intel.fr/content/www/fr/fr/support/articles/000059049/intel-nuc.html  ) ... and what would be the best cable to buy ?

- Is there a native hardware extension (like a lid goride) for a Nuc11tnkv7?  

Hope these newbie questions could find some answer or advises :- D 

Cheers

Zen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

HI Zen,

I'm not sure that I understand your question. You asked how to add a second HDMI output? But your NUC has two HDMI and two Thunderbolt outputs. 

Any way there is a Gorite NUC HDMI Dual Lid

Leon

Zenographie
Beginner

Thanks Leon.

You answered my question: the Thunderbolt outputs can be used as independent video hdmi ports. 

The 11th generation I7 NUC "kit" has only one HDMI connector

Tnks agn

Zen

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Zen,

I'm glad that you can use the Thunderbolt post as independent video output, however the NUC11TNKv7 kit has also Dual HDMI 2.0b w/HDMI CEC, Dual DP 1.4a via Type C Graphics Output. You may see both HDMI ports and two Thunderbolt ports as well on fig.17, page 43 in the Technical Product Specification

Hope this helps

Leon