Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor I

Additions to officially supported memory for NUC7CJYH and NUC7PJYH

We provide complete built Intel NUC systems as a business. A bit surprisingly one of the hardest parts of component sourcing have proven to be the memory. This is especially due to being located in Europe where only a fraction of officially tested models are generally available in distribution channels. The following is my effort to somehow improve the situation or at least share what I have gathered from different sources. Eventually we will test the different SKUs and we will report back here with results. It would be great if Intel could take a look on our proposal for additional SKUs to be included in the official testing (table at the end of the post).

We are starting to ship the new NUC7CJYH and NUC7PJYH models and I've been looking at the new 2400MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM SKUs. I've tried to analyse the current official list based on availability/compatibility. I used google as my "general availability" metric, very low hits -> not generally available. Below is the current list with the following color coding.

I made the following observations for the current list:

• Only 3 SKUs are available to us. Out of which one is a 2x8GB dual-kit.
  • There are 9 SKUs which don't seem to be generally available at all.
  • There are two 16GB SKUs listed as incompatible. Especially the latter HyperX seems like an error and should be for the 4/8GB models.
  • The "sister" (4GB vs 8GB) SKUs for the ADATA and Kingston are missing. It would make sense to have the different size variants tested.

I then went through the whole list of 2400MHz DDR4 SO-DIMM SKUs available through our distribution channels and came up with the following proposal for SKUs to be added to the list.

Best Regards,

Henri / TeraStore

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello, Marjo Suuronen.

Thank you very much for sharing this information with us, we really appreciate it. I will transfer this input to the proper department.

Antony S.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Kingston HyperX Impact

8G 2400Mhz x2

HX424S14IB2K2/16 (Available in Asia)

Not Intel validated but works fine on my NUC7i5BNH

0 Kudos