Steps to reproduce :
I upgraded th BIOS and loaded standard values using F9.
SAved using F10
Changed some values like FANLESS option.
When I restarted my FAN is still running.
Checked BIOS and it is still showing FANLESS option selected.
Same is happening with Turbo boost, can't disable it and probably other options
Please update your Bios again, however, this time using Bios Recovery procedure (you may use the Recovery form Power Button Menu, since it doesn't require opening the NUC):
- Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 (disable quick format option during format). Format your USB on Windows machine (rather than Linux or MAC). Save the Bios file BE0075.bio (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29189/BIOS-Update-BECFL357-86A-?product=126140) on this stick and insert it into front USB slot with amber color (NUC shall be OFF).
- Press Power Button for about 3 seconds. Count 1001, 1002, 1003,1004. Release the Power Button. NUC should reboot into Power Button Menu. You should release the Power Button before 4-sec shut down override.
- Press F4 and the recovery shall start (it can take up to 30 seconds for messages to appear on the screen).
- When the recovery finishes, press on Power Button and hold it, until NUC switches OFF. Pull out the power cord. Remove the USB stick.
- Replace the power cord and press Power Button to switch the computer to ON.
- Enter Bios setting by pressing F2 during boot process.
- Press F9(followed by "Y"), to set Bios to default settings. Press F10 (followed by "Y"), to save the settings and exit to O.S. Let the NUC fully reboot.
- If before update, you have customized bios settings, you can enter again to Bios setting to change the necessary settings.