Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RReag
Beginner

After last windows 10 update I have problems with bluetooth devices

I have:

- Intel NUC 515RYK running Windows 10 Pro 32 bit

- Logitech K810 Bluetooth keyboard

- Bose Soundlink mini bluetooth speaker.

Until a few days ago everything was running fine.

After I installed the latest Microsoft windows 10 update I noticed my keyboard and speaker did not work anymore.

I tried the obvious steps: pairing the devices again, updating drivers, uninstall and installing drivers. So far this did not help.

The symptoms are: under Windows Settings / Bluetooth devices both the speaker and keybord are connected.

I noticed however that the keyboard is listed under Other devices and not in the keyboard section (in fact when I paired the key board again, it did show under Keyboards for a few seconds but later was moved to the other devices section.

When I go to Settings / System / Sound (or is it called Audio in English?, my system is running Dutch) The ere are no audio devices listed in the drop-downbox.

So both my keyboard and speaker have a Bluetooth connection, but but are not recognized by windows as keyboard or speaker..

I've also checked if the bluetooth services are running...

I'm running out of options. ....any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, this is a common issue. What you need to do to fix it is as follows:

1. Completely uninstall both the Intel Bluetooth and Intel Wireless packages.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Install the latest Intel Bluetooth driver package and then the latest Intel Wireless package.

Hope this helps,

...S

RReag
Beginner

That solved it !!! A bit odd to uninstall the wifi drivers for a bluetooth problem, but hey...it's fixed.

Thanks...

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

They're in a common package (card). The Bluetooth device is accessed via USB, whereas the Wireless device is accessed via PCIe, but there is a common device for the shared antenna tuning and Tx/Rx control. You have to uninstall both packages to ensure that the common portion is uninstalled.

...S