Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NSalg
Beginner

After several hours on idle Display goes black. Only Display adapter is Intel WiDi.

After several hours on idle Display goes black. Only Display adapter is Intel WiDi. Resetting video settings does not resolve. Unplugging and Re plugging HDMI cable does not resolve. Only step I have done to resolve is a Reboot or Sleep then wake. After that the Display adapter shows up properly. HDMI output works again.D490A7AA891F4FE4A904978C80B1AA85 1.jpg0272A315BF0F475994E925B27E3B3D3C.png

45 Replies
LYu14
Beginner

I have the same problem. And I also find that, if there are about 30 minutes' idle, the HDMI can output the video signal, but the audio signal will disappear.

Is there anyone can solve this problem?

NSalg
Beginner

I think I found the problem at lease for my issue. I adjusted the Turn off Display setting from 4 hours to "Never"Untitled3.jpg

pragu1
Beginner

I have the same issue. Its after a few days the display will not activate but the nuc is running because my Plex server is up. My power saver settings are the same from the mini pc I replaced. Same Windows 10 Pro on both. Is it a display driver issue that is in the works. A bios issue? Or is it bad processor.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NSalg, pragu1 If you are still having the issue reported, we would like to take a look at your system configuration. Run the Intel® System Support Utility and attach the report to this thread. 1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91... 2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View. 3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
pragu1
Beginner

File is attached. My workaround is to not have the display go to sleep. I do leave the unit on 24/7 since it is a HTPC DVR setup.
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello pragu1, Thank you for your response. It seems that the file was not attached to the thread. This issue can be caused by outdated drivers/firmware, Windows*, or your setup. 1. How are you connecting the DVR to your Intel® NUC? 2. Are you running the latest DVR's firmware? 3. Is Windows* up to date? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
pragu1
Beginner

The Intel NUC is the DVR system. It is running my Plex Server. Also this unit replaced my Ryzen 1300 with GTX 960.

Plex, Windows 10 and the NUC is all up to date.

I never had any issues with my Ryzen base system. But then again it had a Nvidia base graphics card in it.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello pragu1, Thank you for your response. To continue troubleshooting this issue, please check the following information: A. Is Deep S4/S5 disabled in BIOS. B. Is Fast Boot disabled? C. What are the wake methods you are using? Power Button? In Windows*, you may need to enable a device to wake your Intel® NUC. A. Enable the keyboard/mouse to wake your system. You can do this in Windows* Device Manager > Keyboards > Power Management or Change settings > Allow this device to wake the computer. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
pragu1
Beginner

I confirmed Deep is off

Fast boot is off

Keyboard is set to wake.

To wake the screen I use either a key or the touchpad of the keyboard I have.

I have been using the settings from this article for over 4 years to keep the PC from going into a deep sleep to keep the DVR awake. Could Intel have a issue with these settings.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/261390/improve_your_media_center_pcs_power_management_with_away_mode...

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello pragu1, In this case, it seems that a task/application is most likely causing this behavior. For testing purposes, please follow these steps to see if software is causing the unit not to wake up after several days. A. Try performing a clean boot in Windows* and test if a specific program/task is causing this issue. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows Also, make sure your SSD's firmware is up to date. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello pragu1, Were you able to perform the steps recommended above? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
pragu1
Beginner

The SSD has the current firmware. I am currently testing the clean windows reboot. I plan to run it for 2 days and wake the Nuc at different times.

pragu1
Beginner

ok 2 days with your recommended settings and it woke. I turned on Plex only and all of the startup in system Configuration and same issue would not wake with keyboard. There is nothing on this nuc for installed programs. Only HD homerun to watch tv. epson software updater which is disabled and Plex. All of these were install on the previous PC with alot more.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NSalg, Thank you for testing the steps recommended. Please reply to us whenever you are ready. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
pragu1
Beginner

I may of found the issue. And it is a intel issue. After turning off intel programs one at a time in the start up. This program intel sur qc software asset manager has been off since 1/1 of this year. No display issues. I reactivated the other intel programs I turned off and still no issue. So any idea why intel sur qc software asset manager is causing wake up issues with the display?

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NSalg, We may need to do research on this issue. Intel® Software Asset Manager is part of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. Have you installed the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant on your unit before? Is it up to date? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
pragu1
Beginner

The intel Driver software was installed in December. I uninstalled it during trouble shooting. I just checked installed programs and found Intel Computing Improvment Program in there still. Just uninstalled it and that program is gone from startup.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello NSalg, Were you able to check the information about the Intel® DSA? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello pragu1, You can also use the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller If the issue persists, please keep us informed. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello pragu1, Are you still having issues waking up your unit? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation