Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLaws3
Novice

After updating "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" on Jan, 25, it now prompts to make 3 updates that are not needed. Errors occur when attempting to update these. Any idea what the issue is?

1. BIOS Update [BNKBL357.86A]; version 0072, installed version 0072.

2. ITE Tech* Consumer Infrared (CIR) Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for Intel® NUC; version 5.4.1.0, installed version 5.4.3.0.

3. Realtek* Card Reader Driver for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BN, NUC7i5BN, NUC7i7BN; version 10.0.14393.29093, installed version 10.0.17763.29097.

My system:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7567U CPU @ 3.50GHz

32 GB RAM

64-bit Windows 10 Pro; version 1809, build 17763.292

14 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, this is a known issue and is being investigated by the IDSA team. If you want to help with this investigation, please respond and attach the IDSA log files from your system.

...S

Diver5050
Novice

Same problem here. How do I generate/find IDSA logs?

n_scott_pearson

Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA. ZIP the Log files (or entire folder it that's easier) and upload in response post.

...S

JLaws3
Novice

See attachments

JLaws3
Novice

service

JLaws3
Novice

helper

APete10
Beginner

Hades Canyon 8I7HVK  similar issue: 4 software updates , but they are installed, and when I tried to install the Radeon driver the system hangs.

BIOS Latest version: 0053

Installed Version: 0053

Update available

This download record provides options for updating the BIOS of Intel® NUC Kits NUC8i7HNK and NUC8i7HVK.

Release date: December 26, 2018

Size: 8 MB

Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64-bit for Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HNK, NUC8i7HVK

Latest version: 25.20.14011.5005

Installed Version: 24.20.11026.2001

Update available

Installed version NUCs NUC8i7HxKx (18.9.1),

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®

Update available

Intel® Serial IO I2C Host Controller - A161

Update available

This is not what you can expect fro INTEL

n_scott_pearson

Upload your logs so the development team can fix the issue(s) causing this all the faster...

...S

APete10
Beginner

posted a file.
ACora1
Beginner

Also I have the same problem; only Bios and Realtek card reader.

My is NUC7I3bnh.

It is 2 year that i did had problem with DSA. This utility instead to help me make me more confused.

Intel releases more update for DSA than for drivers.

Intel seems not been able to reduce the problems with DSA.

I have as S.O. windows 10: another BIG PROBLEM

I would to use nuc as HTPC but in these 2 years I did spent more time to update Intel HW and Windows SW and solve the issues then to see my favourites programs and films

Never i will bought again a NUC as HTPC!!

Regards

Antonino

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello all, We would like to continue working on this issue. Please follow these steps: 1. Run the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28181/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t 2. Restart and run the latest Intel® Driver & Support Assistant tool version: Intel® Driver & Support Assistant https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant?v=t 3. If the issue persists, attach the following files: A. The latest file from Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility B. The latest DSAUninstaller.log file: using File Explorer, search for DSAUninstaller.log C. The latest DSA Log files using File Explorer: go to folder = C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or entire folder. NOTE: Uncheck Hide System files to see the AppData folder. Show hidden files https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JLaws3
Novice

Problem resolved by completing steps 1 and 2 as instructed. Thanks.
APete10
Beginner

Hi WannerG

My NUC 8I7HVK2 is now HAPPY, all drivers are updated.

Thanks Intel

ACora1
Beginner

OK Also for me problem solved completing steps 1 and 2 as instructed

I have a NUC 7i3bnh

Thanks