Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAbra2
Beginner

After updating the BIOS incorrectly creates a table MSDM utility ITK6.efi

Device NUC6CAYH made 04.05.2017. BIOS 29. Licensed MS DOEM necessary in BIOS (table MSDM) to record the activation key. Use the utility ITK6.EFI - the table is created, the key is written, itk6 shows that everything is OK. The final step, Windows should send proof to the cloud utility OA3TOOL. So oa3tool utility does not find key in table MSDN if all operations are performed on devices with the new BIOS is newer than the version 29. Version 29 all passes, with the newer BIOS table is not created correctly (tried version 45, then 47). Exactly the same thing is happening with devices NUC5CAYx. The support gave nothing, the second month of silent, the only sent me a VB script to see the key in the registry Windows. The problem is not solved until now. To focus on the old BIOS is not suitable, tomorrow may come the device with a new BIOS and then I can't use DOEM activation.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello fishka1960

Thank you for joining the community I am going to start further research on the matter, in the meantime please let me know the version(s) of OS that you are installing, and if you have tried other BIOS version besides 29, 45 and 47?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

SAbra2
Beginner

Hello Leonardo.

Windows 10 ver.10.0.16299.64 (1709).

Yes, only these three, rollback to old version BIOS fails.

SAbra2
Beginner

Sorry jumped the gun - Windows 10 Pro ...

SAbra2
Beginner

Another NUC6CAYH, made on 29 July 2017. He has BIOS version 38. The MSDM table is beautifully crafted and utility oa3tool with it works great. Updated the BIOS to version 40 without touching MSDN, oa3tool perfectly works with her. Delete the table (itk6 -o -d) and create it again. Utility oa3tool ceases to see a part of the table. Note "Length" in the attachment.

idata
Community Manager

Hello fishka1960

Thank your response and the information provided on the BIOS version that you have used the MSDN worked fine on the BIOS 29, 38 and 40, let us investigate further on the case, I will be posting back when news becomes available.

Please check your private inbox

Regards,

Leonardo C.

SAbra2
Beginner

SA# J26843-404, Kingston DDR3L 8Gb PC3-12800 KVR16LS11/8 CL11, SSD Kingston UV400 SUV400S37/120G

SA# J26843-403, Kingston DDR3L 8Gb PC3-12800 KVR16LS11/8 CL11, SSD Kingston UV400 SUV400S37/120G

on BIOS of version 40 the table is not created correctly. The latest BIOS where increasingly appears correctly version 38

idata
Community Manager

Hello fishka1960

Thank you for that information, we are going to investigate the situation, we will be posting information as soon as news become available

Regards,

Leonardo C.

SAbra2
Beginner

Hello Leonardo. Thank you, I'll wait for the results.

hkore
Beginner

hello any update i have same issued on bios version 47 on nuc6CAYH

idata
Community Manager

Hello nungadi84

Thank you for waiting, allow me to share with you that the issue was determined and fix with an ITK tool that will be released soon. In the meantime you can use this workaround:

From EFI Shell type "dmpstore –d oa3data". That clears the EFI variable containing the erroneous data. that will help to inject the key and it will be seen in the table correctly

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

idata
Community Manager

Hello nungadi84

I was checking your case and would like to know if the information provided was helpful to you.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

EUsha
Beginner

The problem is really solved in the new utility ITK6.1.8. The table is now created and displayed correctly. All thanks.