Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JARRI3
Beginner

Anyone with this issues?

Hi,

I am suffering from some boot problems with one intel NUC7JY for several days:

-1º When turning off the system, the system is closed and the equipment too (fan, video output...). Nevertheless the blue led is solid on. 

When trying to turn it on, with the blue led on, the system does not start.

I have to remove the power to turn off the led and connect it again.

-2º When powering on the equipment I have received the message "WARNING: PROCESSOR THERMAL TRIP".

But the equipment is on a table with good air flow and has been several hours without working.

"IntelProcessor Diagnostic tool" has been run and all the test were passed.

-3º When turning on the equipment the blue led started to blink.

Finally the system started but the blue led was off.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Please enter bios (press F2 during boot process). Then press F9 to set bios default settings and F10 to save those settings and exit to Windows.

When you turning OFF your system, are you depressing the Power Button or are you powering OFF from Windows?

Leon

JARRI3
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I'm turning off the system from Windows.

I reset to default settings the first time I sufferd this issue. But it happened again.

Regards

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JARRI3, The SSD installed on the unit could also be causing the random no boot issues. We recommend checking the following information: 1. Updating the SSD firmware may resolve this issue. 2. Have you run any manufacturer's tool or a third-party tool to check the drive status and health? **Note: You may need to contact the manufacturer to run any tests properly. We also noticed that Intel Customer Support in your region is handling another ticket number that describes the same issue posted on this Community. Please let us know if you would like to keep this thread open. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
JARRI3
Beginner

Thanks for your answer,

I have run the manufacturer's tool. The SSD is running the latest firmware and the health is good.

If you don't mind I would like to keep this thread by the moment.

I have not received a solution by the support in my region, and maybe here someone suffered similar symtoms and could help.

Regards

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello JARRI3, To continue troubleshooting this issue, we recommend following these steps below: 1. If Fast boot is enabled, try disabling this setting in BIOS. 2. Do you have the latest Windows* updates installed? We also recommend performing these steps: 1. Remove and reinstall the memory modules to make sure they're fully seated in the sockets. 2. Test one memory module at the time and ry moving it to the other memory slot. 3. If possible, try a different SSD or try the one you are using in another system. Additionally, could you please provide the link and part number of your SSD? Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation