Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NarcAngel
Beginner

As of last Windows 10 Update 15 January 2020 I lost my Bluetooth totally.

I use a TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI) motherboard which has Intel Bluetooth (Intel PROSet/Wireless drivers. Now, before the update, all was fine, I was connected to my bluetooth speaker and many more devices to my desktop computer. Right after the update, which I noted was a bit longer than usual in areas where usually updates do not affect restart time, I lost my bluetooth totally. Now I tried many things, at that point bluetooth was still in Devices but under (Hidden), deleted it, never came back on detection or reinstalling the drivers from Intel "BT_21.60.0_64_Win10.exe"

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

You have Asus board and you are asking for help in Intel NUC forum.

Leon

NarcAngel
Beginner

The product is Intel... BOTH product are Intel, the WIFI and the Bluetooth ... AND the drivers.

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. You are right that the WiFi adapter is made by Intel, however it is integrated by Asus and they can give best advise how to solve problems in their board.
  2. You are trying to install from Intel "BT_21.60.0_64_Win10.exe" and I can see in Asus site that the latest Wifi driver for your board is Version 21.30.3.2 https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/08WIRELESS/DRV_WiFi_Intel_19H1_SZ_TSD_W10_64_VER213032_2019080...
  3. You should look for drivers on this page https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-Z390-PLUS-GAMING-WI-FI/HelpDesk_Download/

Leon

NarcAngel
Beginner

Actually, everything brings me right back to Intel and it's update engine. The file you pasted I did install (albeit the asussetup.exe didn't do anything) using the second .exe in it which is the INTEL installation engine and that installed, once installed, intel told me that the driver was outdate, not asus and asked me to update the driver.

There's no doubt that I totally lost ALL bluetooth functions permanently since that mid january update from Microsoft and I know this is a Intel/Microsoft problem not a Asus/Microsoft problem. I guess I'll give up and just buy a bluetooth dongle cause I'm sick and tired of looking for solutions for this thing and I will really not reinstall Windows each time I lose something like that.

LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm very sorry that I couldn't help you. Since your board is manufactured by Asus, it is still Asus problem and they should help you. I've few Intel NUC computer and all are updated and working correctly. So, try to ask Asus, could be they will have solution (they should have).

Leon

NarcAngel
Beginner

Yeah I did try Asus support they were not very helping. But as I was near to give up, I searched google one last time and came to ROG forums which had quite a few very similar issues regarding Bluetooth drivers (some from Intel, some from Realtek, etc). In one of the post, it said to turn WIFI/Bluetooth off in the BIOS, boot into Windows. I did, and saw right away that the USB descriptor problem was gone. Reboot the computer, go into the BIOS and turn on WIFI/Bluetooth, boot into Windows and BOOM! Bluetooth is back... strangely of all the things I tried, the least invasive one was this one and I got Bluetooth back into the tray now and Bluetooth showing again in the Intel Software Update list (it wasn't showing anymore, just LAN and WIFI).

So the solution worked at least.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Great news. I'm very glad that the solution was find. It may help to other users with this problem.

Leon