BECFL357.86A.0079.EB.msi does not update anything

NUC8i5BEK BECFL357.86A.0079.EB.msi does not update anything

even using Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

NO absolutely nothing happens

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Highlighted
Novice

I have the same result with this update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I try to install the bio BECFL357.86A today it told me to restart to install the bio. Than when I log back in to windows it have an message saying to do the same thing again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Intel has made a lot of mistakes lately with the drivers. Video cards and bios that don't install. On various different PCs... never had a problem until yesterday

Highlighted

Hello all,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to investigate this behavior further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Detailed description and steps you are following to update the BIOS including the exact BIOS update method you are using.

2- Pictures of any error message, also, if the device manager shows any error.

3- Via private message only, please provide the Intel® NUC Serial Numbers, please refer to the following link: Identify Your Intel® NUC:

• Serial number:
  • SA number:

4- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

4.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

4.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

4.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

4.4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Highlighted
Novice

Never had a problem so far. I have always used Intel® Driver & Support Assistant. I do not risk anything else. No error message is seen. After the first boot nothing happens. Then it executes a second boot returning to windows. END. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant says to update the bios. I have tried several times to delete the drivers in the donwload directory of Intel® Driver & Support Assistant hoping they are corrupt.

Foto1.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

same problem for the video card

ErroreINTEL.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello AndrewG_Intel,

1. downloaded the BIOS update via DSA. Executed the msi which prompted for a restart. The pc restarted but the BIOS was never updated. The windows notifications center prompted that there's need for restart to complete the BIOS update. Restarted, again nothing happened. Another thing I observed is that now the NUC fails to boot the 1st time and boots with a 2nd attempt.
  2. N/A.
  3. Sent.
  4. Attached.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi, the same issue on my Intel NUC - with [BECFL357.86A]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

To remove the doubt that they are corrupt drivers, I have tried downloading the files several times. Delete them from the C: \ Users \ (user) \ Download \ Intel Driver and Support Assistant folder. Obviously useless.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I just noticed what you see in the photo. I repeat that the update did absolutely nothing! I have already seen 3 or 4 updates and I know it takes a few minutes. So the thing is even more mysterious. Unfortunately I don't know if BE0079 was already there before the update. I have checked the current BIOS version

Foto5.jpgFoto4.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all,

Thank you very much for all the information provided.

It seems that we only received a private message from ATsir1 with the Serial Number and SA number of the Intel® NUC. We would like to know if fakendry was also able to check the serial numbers of the NUC. Could you please share them with us via private message?

We also thank you for all the other information provided. We are checking this internally and we will be updating this thread as soon as more details are available. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello all,

We would like to update this thread.

We found an issue that when updating to BIOS version 0079 the system initiates the update process but it cannot be completed, this happens if "Secure Boot" option is enabled in BIOS. 

BIOS version 0079 is being removed from the Download Center and will be replaced with a version that allows the update with “Secure Boot” option enabled. 

While BIOS update to version 0079 can be executed with “Secure Boot” option set to disabled, I would recommend that you wait until we release a more recent BIOS version for your system. 

Please stay tuned for more updates.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Thank you very much. I sent the serial number privately. I thought I did it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

I tried updating using the EBU file and the BIO file and both fail. If you used the EBU file and the system keeps trying to re-flash on reboot, go into the Device Manager and uninstall the FIRMWARE item for BE0079. This should be yellow banged because of the failure. Make sure to check the box "delete the driver software for this device" so it does not get reinstalled on next boot. This should fix the re-flash cycle.

Looks like we will have to wait for an updated BIOS from Intel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello fakendry

Thank you very much for your response. We received the information via primate message and we have added to the documentation regarding this thread.

Once we have more information available we will be providing more details.

Note: The "version number" refers to the "SA number", so the information you provided is correct.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello fakendry

We would like to know if you were able to perform the steps recommended by MRoss5200. If not, for the yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager we recommend the following:

1. Go into Windows Device Manager
  2. Double-click the BE0079 FW.
  3. Select the Driver tab and select Uninstall Device.
  4. Make sure you select "Delete the driver software for this device".
  5. After doing this you should no longer get the reboot issue. Please let us know the outcome.

If the previous steps solved the issue with the "yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager", then we recommend staying with BIOS 0078 and wait for the next BIOS updates.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

OK

For information from 10 days I have the yellow exclamation mark in the device manager. There are apparently no side effects. I am using the NUC from morning to night. I will follow the directions as soon as possible or a minute before installing the new BIOS.

Curiosity: is it serious to leave the exclamation mark?

0 Kudos