Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12142 Discussions

BIOS 140 on LAPQC17D deactivates keyboard backlights and Control Centre fails

JFB_Laptop
Novice

Hi, my keyboard backlights have deactivated after BIOS update to version 140 (on a LAPQC71D) that was partially fixed by installing Control Center as Ronny_G suggested here: community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/Backlit-Keyboard-Not-Working-After-BIOS-Update/m-p/1313680#M85780

I can get the backlights back on by installing Control Center, but that software itself immediately closes after I launch it so I can't control anything else (like hardware switched performance mode). I've tried both version 2.2.0.20 and 2.2.0.21. 

I didn't use control centre before the BIOS update as the backlights and other controls worked fine. If I install Aurora software the keyboard backlights function (with some pretty lurid effects!) but I don't really want third party beta software and jazzy keyboard long term. 

SSU output is attached. 

Thanks for any help.

5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @JFB_Laptop

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand you have opened an internal Web Support Ticket with us and we will continue to help you through that channel now. We will therefore close this community case. Thank you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

JFB_Laptop
Novice

Thanks Andrew, yes that's been escalated, waiting to hear back. 

All the best

John

salvatore112
Novice

Hello there, exactly the same thing happened to me (going from the previous post), and please I kindly ask for the answer here as I don't have insight into personal internal Web Support Ticket

Ascaris
Beginner

Any news on this? Still an issue 7 months later.

salvatore112
Novice

nope =(