cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPers1
New Contributor III

BIOS 72 Upgrade "kills" M2 SSD Performance

Jump to solution

NUC7i5BNH upgraded to BIOS 72 and all of a sudden my M2 EVO 970 PRO SSD started backing up at 126MB per second down from about 440MB.Same with Samsung Magician test.

Reinstalled BIOS 71 and now back to almost the same performance.

Win10PRO Insider build 18305

Updated using .bio F7 method.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DPers1
New Contributor III

Well I did download BIOS 72 .bio file again and reflashed it using the same everything using F7 and be and behold this time my 970 performed as expected after boot???

So all is OK now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Reinstall this BIOS 72, but this time do so via the jumper-based BIOS Recovery method (which is documented here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005532.html?wapkw=bios+recovery).

It has been suggested that removing the SSD while performing the update may be more effective than leaving it in. This is being investigated. In the meantime, I would suggest that you do so.

Hope this helps,

...S

DPers1
New Contributor III

I have used F7 without issue since I got my NUCabout 6 months ago. The only thing changed is that I upgraded windows from Home to Pro. I might re-download and do another test with F7 and if I get a problem again I'll go back to 71 it works fine.

Ironically 72 is supposed to have M2 fixes in it not introduce M2 problems.

DPers1
New Contributor III

Well I did download BIOS 72 .bio file again and reflashed it using the same everything using F7 and be and behold this time my 970 performed as expected after boot???

So all is OK now.

View solution in original post