cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

BIOS MANUFACTURING MODE - LAPQC71A

Hello,

I have just bought a LAPQC71A and it says "System in Manufacturing Mode" on INTEL boot logo. I have already updated to last bios (0122), tried the recovery procedure removing the jumper, downgraded the bios to 114 and upgraded again to 122.  But the message is still there.

How can I get my system out of this "Manufacturing Mode" ?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Just ignore this. This message will eventually go away all by itself. Manufacturing Mode doesn't affect operation of the system, so the fact that it is enabled won't be a problem.

...S

Highlighted
Novice

Ok! Thanks, guess I'll have to wait then.

Do you know how many reboots or time for it to go away?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I believe the default is 50. I am not sure if (soft) reboots count.
Again, being in this mode will not affect operation. It simply allows special preboot tools to be used in the factory. The factory was supposed to clear this mode before shipping the unit. I have reported this issue to the factory liaisons.
...S
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello lucaskbit,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

Additionally, I would like to thank n_scott_pearson for the recommendations provided and help on this matter.

We recommend to perform 20 reboot cycles and I would appreciate if you could check results with us. Hopefully, the message will disappear after this process.

In order to reduce the effort of the reboot cycles we suggest the use of PassMark Rebooter*. This tool it's a free, easy-to-use and reliable.

Additionally, If possible I would appreciate if you could attach a picture of the label from the laptop bottom cover. Please ensure that you hide the full S/A and S/N from it.

If you have any update about this behavior, please let us know.

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied.  

Highlighted
Novice

Hello Esteban,

I did 25 reboot cycles using PassMark Rebooter and the message is still there.

I have been using the machine for more than 3 weeks and it has been rebooted at least 100 times now. (My SSD was turned on 384 times, so it's probably way more).

I have attached both images as you requested. My laptop was bought in Brazil through "Avell", I have already contacted their support, but they told me that because the BIOS is from INTEL there as no way to remove the message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello lucaskbit,

Thank you so much for your patience and all the information provided.

After the troubleshooting performed and as the behavior still occurring, I would strongly recommend to contact your place of purchase/seller to review all available options for this matter.

This is because based to the markings this laptop does not seems to be a production unit. For that reason, I would recommend checking with “Avell” in order to report this behavior.

I really hope that you are able to resolve this with your place of purchase.

That being said, as you require direct assistance from the seller we will proceed with the closure of this thread. However, If you need any additional information, please submit a new question.

Please consider that this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos