Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NTrin1
Beginner

BIOS Update [BNKBL357.86A] Version: 0065 (Latest) Date: 6/6/2018

Hi, does anyone know why we don't have a windows 10 exe for this bios for nuc7i5bn? I use a bluetooth keyboard so can't install it otherwise.

Many thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Yes you can. You can update your bios without any keyboard at all. Use Bios Recovery method with Security Jumper removed:

www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html

Leon

NTrin1
Beginner

Thank you for the response, this seems rather a more complicated way of doing it compared with the previous .exe express installation. Also, it results in BIOS settings being reset etc.

Do you know why intel hasn't provided exe files for the last couple of bios updates?

Thanks!

Nick

LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Actually the bios settings remains unchanged after bios update(with F7 or recovery method). Any way, allways is better to save the old configuration or have it written down.

2. I have no idea if or when Intel is going to release the .exe version of bios firmware.

Leon

CMOW
Novice

Intel seems do have dropped all Windows .EXE deployment of the newest BIOS updates because of "security issues" that have not been clarified.

Right now they do not offer alternative ways for updating BIOS without sitting in front of the NUC, which is enfuriating. Specially if you are a business customer and have lots of NUCs in different locations.

The actual excuse argument is that suddenly only NUCs with "Intel vPro" can be updated in a remote way, which is unacceptable!

That's a huge letdown for Intel NUCs in business enviroments. For the moment Intel support is not offering any solution and I am thinking of retourning the last 5 NUCs.

JRayn
New Contributor I

You may find this recent thread of interest.

CMOW
Novice

Thank you! - found it 5 min. ago