Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

BIOS Update Error (BIOS Upate .msi Fails to Install)

re-open for a second solution:

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P0000490LwDSAU/bios-upate-msi-fails-to-install?t=15450357842...

valid for:

BNKBL357.86A.0070.EB.msi

BNKBL357.86A.0071.EB.msi

MSI Update starts, but closes without any error. In Windows App log the following Error:

Windows App log lists a 1026 error for it:

Application: EBU.UI.EXE.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.FormatException

at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(System.String, System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo, System.Globalization.DateTimeStyles)

at ExpressBiosInstaller.MainWindow.CompareOnDeviceBios()

at ExpressBiosInstaller.MainWindow..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)

at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)

at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at EBU.UI.EXE.App.Main()

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Sorry, but this is awkward. It should really be possible for Intel to update a system from the Windows interface.

Even more embarrassing in my opinion is the fact that they don't even try to look at the problem here.

The solution worked me:

Regional settings in English (US) in Windows. After that you could start the .msi and it ran through.

Note was in the message of the thread opener

Exception Info: System.FormatException at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(System.String, System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo, System.Globalization.DateTimeStyles)    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello YDone, We are testing to see if we can replicate this. We will get back to you as soon as we can with an update. Regards. Pat S Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello YDone Thank you for waiting. I have used an Intel® NUC7i3BNK with Windows® 10 1809 clean install set the regional settings to Costa Rica and complete the update of the BIOS 0070 and 0071 with the .MSI file successfully on the system. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello YDone I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello YDone I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I'm very sorry, but I had some eventful weeks. And afterwards many difficulties to enter the forum.

I've got the regional settings German (Switzerland) and that didn't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello YDone Thank you for the information. I just used Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BNK with Windows® 10 1809 (Build 17763) with the regional setting German (Switzerland) to update the BIOS from 0071 to 0072 using the .MSI file and I did not face any error during the installation. • Can you try a BIOS recovery on the Intel® NUC? o Reference link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005532/mini-pcs.html o Use the BIOS Recovery by the Power Button Menu method Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello YDone I was checking your case and would like to know if you have tried the BIOS recovery? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos