Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MKemp4
Novice

BIOS-Update [FNCML357] V0052 fails with no reaction from NUC once installation starts

Hiya, need support...

after starting installation of BIOS-Update [FNCML357] V0052 on my NUC 10 via ITSA and answering "start installation " in the cmd-window screen gets blank and NUC stops with any visible sign of working for > 10 min, so I had to take it off from power and restart again...BIOS shows V0051 as the current BIOS.

It was alway a pleasur eto stay up-to-date via ITSA, now it becomes more and more tricky...

Any hint out there?

SSU dump attached

Martin

0 Kudos
5 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello MKemp4

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

From the report provided, we see the BIOS update (to 0051) was successful. A new BIOS version was released (0052), please use the article BIOS Update for Intel® NUCs:

Let us know if you experience the same issues.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

MKemp4
Novice

Hi David,

I hope it's just a misunderstanding...but my request for support is in fact due to a problem with updating to V0052..."

BIOS-Update [FNCML357] V0052fails..."

Can you reconsider?

Thx,

Martin

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @MKemp4 

I just updated my NUC FN to BIOS version 0052, using F7 method. Please try this instead the express method by IDSA:

1. Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 (disable quick format option during format). Format your USB on Windows machine (rather than Linux or MAC).

2. Download the FN0052.CAP file . Copy the FN0052.cap to the root of the previously prepared USB stick. Insert this USB stick into rear USB port on your NUC. 

3. Power ON your NUC and when you see the Intel NUC logo, repeatable click on F7, NUC will boot int Selection Page. 

4. Select the FN0052.cap files and click on enter. The BIOS update should start.

5. When the update finishes, NUC will automatically restart.  Remove the USB stick.

Leon

Schmittv
Beginner

Hi @LeonWaksman 

I had the same problem as @MKemp4. None of the BIOS upgrade methods worked. I have BIOS version 0051 downgraded to 0050 and after that I was able to install BIOS 0052.

Volker

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi Volker,

Thank you for your valuable information, which may help other user with the update. However, I've updated BIOS in my NUC directly from version 0051 to 0052, using F7 method.

Regards

Leon