Intel Driver & Support Assistant (running on Windows 10 Pro version 21H1) shows a new BIOS version available for my NUC8I3CYS. The installation immediate fails, showing an alert box titled, "Unsupported 16-Bit Application" with an advisory that says FLASH2.exe cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows.
Since there is a problem with the express update, use the F7 method:
- Prepare USB stick fully formatted to FAT32 (disable quick format option during format). Format your USB on Windows machine (rather than Linux or MAC). Save the Bios file CY0051.bio on this stick and insert it into rear USB slot (NUC shall be OFF).
- Power ON your NUC and when you see the Intel NUC logo, repeatedly click on F7. NUC will show the BIOS Flash update menu.
- Select the USB stick with the BIOS file and press ENTER.
- Select the .bios file and press ENTER.
- The BIOS Update will start and end after 2-3 minutes. The NUC will reboot at the end.