We have an Intel NUC i7 (NUC10i7FNH) with Ubuntu 20.04 installed. During boot the NUC will sit at the “Intel NUC” logo for about 1 minute and then reboots and displays “BIOS has detected unsuccessful POST attempt(s)”.
These options work successfully but booting into the OS is not automatic:
- Pressing “Y” and then “F10” to save and exit boots successfully.
- Pressing “F10” for the boot menu and selecting “ubuntu” boots successfully. What doesn’t work is automatically booting into the OS.
We have tried the following but they have not resolved the issue:
- Disabling secure boot.
- Disabling UEFI and enabling Legacy boot.
- Disabling Failsafe Watchdog.
- Updating the BIOS to the latest version (FN0039 as of writing).
- Restoring the BIOS both to the factory version and latest version.
- Installing Ubuntu 18.04.
Yes. We can successfully boot either Ubuntu 18.04 or Ubuntu 20.04. It just does not boot automatically and I have to manually select Ubuntu from the boot options. Since this appears to be a BIOS issue I’m not sure the choice of OS is related.