Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12299 Discussions

BIOS update (Intel Driver Support Assist not working)

southTXNUC
Beginner

Good day.  I've been having a difficult time with my NUC7i5BNH (product box is stamped with "NUC7i5BNH".  In computer System Information, System Summary, "NUC7i5BNB" is listed under "BaseBoard Product") .

For a few years now the Intel Driver Support Assistant hasn't seemed to work.  It will indicate a software update is available, a BIOS update to be exact but when I click on the "install" option and the computer goes through the entire process and reboots, the same message indicator is present and the option to install the same update remains available.  The Assistant although goes through the install process, does not install the BIOS update.  In years past I have phoned in to Intel support and they have either walked me through installing the process manually, or logged-in to my computer remotely and completed the update.  Attempting to do so earlier this morning I was told this was no longer an option for my model.

I would appreciate any help that would allow me to successfully update my NUC to the indicated firmware update (BNKBL357)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello southTXNUC,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

Discontinued Products: 

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

LeonWaksman
Super User

In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @southTXNUC 

I believe I've a solution for you. Checked on my NUC and I confirm that BIOS update, using Intel DSA is not working. You can update your BIOS very easily, using express update method:

1. Download the latest BIOS file BNKBL357.86A.0085.EB.msi to your drive. 

2. Double click on the previously downloaded BIOS file, follow the instruction in the Command Prompt window (i.e, confirm by "Y" the update). 

3. Your NUC will reboot and the update will start automatically.

4. Once the update finishes, NUC will reboot to Windows.

Leon