Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12325 Discussions

BIOS update almost breaks our new 11th Gen NUC's?????

jsmiddleton4
New Contributor I

What in the world Intel?  Had I not been able to search to find the fix after the firmware update for my long awaited new 11th Gen i5, RNUC11PAHi50001, I would have needed to send it back to Newegg.

How many people have to complain about the firmware update setting bios options incorrectly so the thing won't boot????

Come on Intel.  You can do better than this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello jsmiddleton4,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I am sorry to hear that had a bad experience with your NUC, I do appreciate that you took the time to inform us about this incident. This will help to improve and provide you with a better experience.

Regards,    

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

jsmiddleton4
New Contributor I

Well you’re welcome I supposed.  Given there’s a bazillion post about this very matter, posts I found that told me how to fix the wrong settings in the BIOS, not sure that anyone should be newly informed about it.

Should already be addressed.  Some folks even exchanged theirs under warranty with Intel.  Intel has a vested interest in addressing whatever it is that snarfs these particular settings.  Common thread seems to be an external storage device attached.  Which I have.

DeividA_Intel

Hello jsmiddleton4, 

Thanks for the input. In this case, I would like to know if you want troubleshooting steps for your NUC or if it is not needed.

Also, do not hesitate to share with the community the steps that you gather from the posts that you read.

Please let me know if you would like to receive any kind of support.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

jsmiddleton4
New Contributor I

Thanks but I don’t need further assistance.