Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAGOB
Beginner

BIOS version 0061 for 7i3BN/7i5BN/7i7BN removed

Hello, is it possible to know why this version has been removed and what are the consequences for BIOS already updated?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EDea
Beginner

Same question here, I have downloaded the 0061 and now it's removed, should I downgrade? Also is there a changelog available to know what's fixed in every update?

Thanks Intel !

idata
Community Manager

Hello, everyone.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reach the Intel® Communities Team.

Allow me to share with you that the BIOS version 0061 was removed since we are adding some adjustments to it. If you are not having any problems with the current version you have, do not downgrade and, please be monitoring thehttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel® Download Center so when the 0061 version is ready to use you can perform the firmware update on your devices.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Antony S.
JTrai
Beginner

OK no known issues, but when the adjustments are put back in (guessing related to the TPM thread), will it be released as 0061 again or 0062 as it's technically changed?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

LOL! "Adjustments"; that's a hilarious description! Go anywhere on the web and they will tell you that the Spectre microcode fix was withdrawn by Intel (because it caused reboot problems, severely slowed 4th and 5th generation Core processors, etc. and etc.) and the BIOS releases containing this microcode were all correspondingly withdrawn as well.

What the next BIOS release will be called is not a question that anyone here can answer. When the microcode is fixed and an updated BIOS is released and made available, you will know when what the release number actually is. Stay tuned...

...S