06-17-2020 04:55 PM
- There is USB Type C port functioning as DP 1.4 Video port and Thunderbolt 3
- There is no separate Mini DisplayPort as the DP output you will get trough USB Type C
- There is no Audi Jack. The audio is supported trough HDMI 2.0a ports. This is a Commercial NUC, rather than desktop replacement.
- Please read the Technical Product Specification.
Super User Retired Employee
06-17-2020 11:14 PM
Fixing Leon's booboo in bullet #1:
- The DisplayPort (DP) channel available via the external USB-C/Thunderbolt (TBT) 3 connector only supports DP 1.2 graphics (this is still capable of supporting 4K@60Hz, however).
- The internal Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) connector supports eDP 1.4 graphics.
- For more information, see the Embedded Displayport Specification, v1.4 and the DisplayPort Specification, v1.2. Both are available through https://vesa.org/vesa.standards/.
- There is also an excellent summary of the DP 1.2 and eDP 1.4 specifications at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort.
- My understanding is that a single DP channel supports both the USB-C/TBT 3 connector and the right-most HDMI connector (which is below the USB-C connector on the back panel). Update: If monitors are plugged into both connectors, the monitor in the HDMI connector is supported and the monitor in the USB-C connector is ignored. The USB-C can still be used as a USB 3.1 port, however.
- A triple-monitor configuration can be achieved using the left-most HDMI connector and the USB-C connector. Two monitors would be connected to the USB-C connector using either a Multi-Stream Transport (MST) Hub or through DisplayPort Daisy-Chaining. Because these two monitors will share the DisplayPort channel, the maximum resolution of each will be 4K@30Hz.
- A triple-monitor configuration can also be achieved using only the USB-C connector. Three monitors would be connected to the USB-C connector using either a Multi-Stream Transport (MST) Hub or through DisplayPort Daisy-Chaining. Because these three monitors will share the DisplayPort channel, the maximum resolution of each will be 2K@30Hz.